Im looking for a new tube head that can get close to the tones of the Diezel VH4 or Einstein but much less. Obviously it wont be exact but something in the same ballpark. Im looking to spend 2000ish. If anyone can recommend anything I would appreciate it.
2000 what?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
We're getting there...slowly
US? CND? AUS?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Since you're just looking for a head, try VHT or ENGL.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Framus Dragon. Very dry diezel tone, just lacks the grainy tone that a diezel has. My second choice would be either a Framus Cobra or ENGL powerball.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Depends what you want it for. I've heard people say hot rodded marshalls sound a lot like channel 3 of the VH4 (which is the channel you hear of most people loving) but if you want it for the heavy as channel i'd say maybe a Bogner Uberschall..? I have only heard the Herbert in clips mind you, and the VH4 i've heard someone else play next to me but i've never played it and i have played an uberschall.
In that price range, the only thing I've heard that could sound fairly close would be the EVH 5150 III, but the 5150 III sounds more live, & less hi-fi, which to me is a good thing. The Diezels are SOOO smooth sounding. You do get what you pay for.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by amd123
Bogner Ecstasy? You know you could also try the Soldano Slo

The trouble is that both of those are well over $3000, & the SLO has nowhere near the silky smoothness of the Diezels unless you almost fully de-EQ it, & then it loses a lot of its liveliness. SLOs aren't made to sound hi-fi.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
I forgot to mention, I've heard some very good clips of Mark IV's immitating diezels, used their settings, it was OK, no diezel, but not half bad. Peavey 6505's are quite similar to the mark IV dirty channel.

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/42-VicariousMarkIV.mp3
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
could someone explain what "hi-fi" tone is? lol sorry im a tone vocab noob
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have been wanting a mark IV forever but I cannot find one. I got ripped off on ebay before so I tend to stay clear of that.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
could someone explain what "hi-fi" tone is? lol sorry im a tone vocab noob

It stands for High Fidelity, I think.
Quote by Chevellefan1
I have been wanting a mark IV forever but I cannot find one. I got ripped off on ebay before so I tend to stay clear of that.

Mine's for sale for the right price!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I second the EVH 5150 III. Try it out yourself. Any store that sells Fender amps should sell it. Pure smoking amp IMO.

I have a friend who has an ENGL Fireball head. He used to be a loud mouth bashing my Roland Cube 60 (lol). When I got the 5150 III, he shutup and now anytime I play, his jaw just stays open. He said he's even considering selling the ENGL now.
Last edited by babyboo666 at Jun 28, 2008,