I'm going to GC my dad is giving me a ride and its only now or never!

Roland Cube 30 VS Vox AD30VT vs Vox AD30VTXL

I need to downgrade from a Peavey Valveking 212 ( TOOO LOUD) to a practice amp that can play at drummer levels . I want to spend NO MORE Than 300. So ill prolly get one of these amps for 250 plus 50 for a used eq pedal. Which is the best? I've read the review on the AD30VT and am intrigued. Whats the difference between the AD30VT and the AD30VTXL??? How does the Cube compare to these? I know the cube has a Rectofier setting and the Voxes have high gain nu metal models?? Guitar is a Jackson Dinky with EMGs. Artists I wanna play like are Steve Vai, Opeth, Tool, Metallica, Radiohead, and Pink Floyd.

Please HELP! Which one im guessing Vox has more features for customizing tone but cube has better cleans right?
High gain = Cube.

Better cleans = AD30VT.

Not really worth it = AD30VTXL.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
The XL has higher gain models than the regular Vox. I like the AD30VT better than the AD30VT-XL, but it's all personal opinion. And, I like the Cube's high gain settings better than the Vox, and vice-versa for lower gain stuff, where the Cube is pretty sub-par. Try them both and see what you like.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Try all 3 out. Sit down with each one and try to dial in the tones you are looking for. Also, keep in mind that you'll need to get a footswitch for the cube if you want to switch from clean to dist.

Though I don't know why you'd want to down grade. The vk 212 is a much better sounding amp then those 3 and the volume is perfectly manageable. Just turn down the volume when you aren't at band practice.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
just go there and try them out, if ur pressed for time and cant try them all.. dont go right now, wait till later, deffinatley try them all
Im pressed for time like a mofo I wont have 1 hour to try them out or even go later so i gotta make the choice now... and im guessing its the voxad30 or the cube30 right now im leaning towards vox (name) ill have to go see though peace gotta go
You gotta try em' out, it all depends on your preference and style of music that you play.

(I'd go with the cube though. lol)
Keep the valveking. at drummer levels it still sounds much better than the three you named. Spend the money on a new speaker and valves for it, then invest in a good overdrive pedal.
I own the AD30VT and it is definitely not loud enough to get over a drummer and I've jammed with a lot.

Keep the VK or buy a 15W Tube amp instead.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
dude...DO NOT get a vox ad30vt.i have one.distortion is horrible.cleans are alrite...overall not a good amp
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
It seems like a huge waste of money to me.... The VK 212 sounds 10 times better than all those...
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
**** man spend the $300 on an attenuator and call it a day.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Wow my neigbhors are gay, thats kinda why i had to return the amp, they threatened to get me evicted and call the popo... and on top of that my parents are f***ing retarded I go and i pick up the 30 watt voxad and they GO NOOOOO even thats too loud and ****ing pick up the 15 wat voxad we get home and i try to explain to them that we bought the wrong amp and that the 30 watt has a simple attenuator system that allows you to select how many watts you're using in but NOOOOO then they say well we're not spending any more money... well so i decide to take out the amp and test test it but guess what my parents were the ones who took the wires out the amp (vk) footswitch , power cable, guitar cable and they returned all of those... Yes THEY RETURNED THE GUITAR CABLE WTF!??! I need a job NOW... what do you guys recommend if you're 16?
Last edited by amd123 at Jun 26, 2008,
The attenuator on the Vox doesn't do anything since it's not a tube amp. There's this thing called the volume knob that does the same thing...

Well, good luck trying to get over a drummer with that thing =\ Shoulda bought the Cube imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by amd123
Wow my neigbhors are gay, thats kinda why i had to return the amp, they threatened to get me evicted and call the popo... and on top of that my parents are f***ing retarded I go and i pick up the 30 watt voxad and they GO NOOOOO even thats too loud and ****ing pick up the 15 wat voxad we get home and i try to explain to them that we bought the wrong amp and that the 30 watt has a simple attenuator system that allows you to select how many watts you're using in but NOOOOO then they say well we're not spending any more money... well so i decide to take out the amp and test test it but guess what my parents were the ones who took the wires out the amp (vk) footswitch , power cable, guitar cable and they returned all of those... Yes THEY RETURNED THE GUITAR CABLE WTF!??! I need a job NOW... what do you guys recommend if you're 16?

wut?

Some simple sentence structure/grammar would help me help you. Try throwing in some capital letters to mix things up a bit as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
wut?

Some simple sentence structure/grammar would help me help you. Try throwing in some capital letters to mix things up a bit as well.

Knock it off, you can read it if you try. Granted he could have done a better job typing, but don't be a jerk about it.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Wow... your parents suck, and so does your neighborhood.

As said before, you should've gotten an attenuator for the Valveking and just played it anyway.

Doesn't the 212 Valveking have a high-gain and a low-gain input? What I do to keep it quiet is I plug into the lower-gain input and keep the volume on the amp at about two on the clean channel and maybe one on the gain channel... if you did a bit more experimentation you probably could've found a working, quiet solution to your problem.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
seemed like a really big rush to me. You didn't need to go today at all. Buying something for 300 dollars should not be a 5 minute decision. It was a huge waste of money! And tell your parents to calm the **** down, lol. If you would've spent some time, and effort, you could've made the thing quiet enough.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-