I originally wanted an A/B switch so I could switch between my effects/amp and tuner w/o having to put the tuner in the signal chain or unplug. I was going to get the kit from General Guitar Gadgets and build it myself since it seemed fairly straight forward and I can solder ok. But the more I think about it I would also like to be able to kill all of my effects at once and go direct to the amp if need be. Now I could build that pedal as well and then feed the A/B into the Loop pedal but I'd rather not add unnecessary pedals in the chain.

Ideally I only need 3 settings...

Input -> A
Input -> Loop -> A
Input -> B (Tuner)

Does anyone make anything like this? Or should I attempt at building it myself?
Check out Tonebone effects. They have something similar, and I think they incorporate tuner outs and effects loops into most of their pedals.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
i'd do it myself. actually just the other day I was thinking about making something like this
Quote by bladeguy4543

That is nice, I could use the A loop for fx, and then B loop for the tuner and not return a signal.

The only thing I'm not sure if I like or not is the fact that I guess it's not completely passive in that it you can set signal levels with it. But it is an option, thanks for pointing it out.
Quote by Shinozoku
Check out Tonebone effects. They have something similar, and I think they incorporate tuner outs and effects loops into most of their pedals.

Thanks, looks like the BigShot EFX can do what I want... for a price.

Quote by wyantsm
i'd do it myself. actually just the other day I was thinking about making something like this

It's still an option, looks like the premade solutions are close to double what it would cost to make. The only thing that had me wondering though is without any type of electronics (switches and jacks) are you going to hear switch from Output to Tuner and back since when on Tuner the amp is going to hanging in the breeze. The BigShot EFX has a mute option on it to combat that I believe.
Well after more research I think we have a winner...

Here is a double loop, true bypass w/ tuner...

It's a bit pricey at $105 but it's pretty versatile. They also have it in a box version if you don't like the strip. As well as 2, 4, 5 or 8 loop switchers. Those would be nice I guess if you don't have true bypass pedals

The webiste (http://www.loop-master.com/) has just about every imaginable combination of A/B/C/Y/Loop switchers. They do make a dual input, single loop w/ tuner for $80.

edit: I found a schematic similar to the above, its's for 3 loops and a tuner, but now master bypass. I think I'm going to try and build it so in the future I could add more loops if needed. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904639&highlight=3+way+loop+with+tuner+out
Last edited by snowjay at Jun 26, 2008,