ok i have a yamaha ttr-125 that i havent started in a few years,its been in storage. i put a new spark plug, gas and a new clutch handle on it recently. just for the hell of it i tried starting it. to my amazement it actually started. the problem is, i can go into first gear, but after that i can shift up into 2nd. can anyone help me tell whats wrong with it?
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
i dont see any problem bar perhaps a typo?

my guess would be "can only shift up into 2nd"
or "can't shift into second"
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
are you pulling UP on the shifter to go into second? i've seen a lot of people get confused when they stomp on it and it won't switch gears.

btw, my brother has that exact same bike. those things are little beasts, i'm not one bit surprised it started up after sitting for that long.
If you CANT shift it into second then first make sure you pull the bar UP with you foot/toes. if still your problem lingers try pulling it up very hard. the next step would be to take it to a repair shop to get it troubleshooted.
yea i shift down to go to 1st then you have to go up for second. when i shift up for second (and ive done it very hard to make sure its not stuck or something) it just goes into neutral. the way you shift to neutral on my bike is up halfway from 1st but im going up all the way. im not doing anything wrong ive had this bike for years.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
so go from nuetral to 2nd...
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
you have to go to 1st gear before second
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
something wrong with a sprocket?

My fourth gear sprocket on my Honda CR is missing some dents, making it a bit... spontaneous <.<.
You like it
wow i just figured what was wrong with it. with closer inspection it appears the shift bar had been bent inward when it fell on the side a while ago(the reason i changed the clutch handle was because when my brother dropped the bike, the handle broke off)it was so bent in that the bar was hitting part of the engine so that i couldnt move it upward enough to shift. i just took a screw driver to it and bent it outward and it works perfectly.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
doesn't sound very strong if you can bend it with a srew driver...

anyways, good job you fixed it.i hope you changed the gas before you started it.
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
You have to press Z, or R twice.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.