ok so i have a 75w spider III and i was wondering if its loud enough to play a gig?
Yes, but you'll want to get a new amp soon for gigging.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
It depends where, but yes, it will most likely be loud enough. Last time I gigged with it, I had it just past half way, and people said I was too loud. That was in a large room, about the size of your average high school gymnasium.
yes i have it. its great until u put all the distortion on it becomes pretty much loudness at high volumes
get a cab for a show, otherwise it seems like too much loudness for not enough watts
Quote by AngelOfHatred
It depends where, but yes, it will most likely be loud enough. Last time I gigged with it, I had it just past half way, and people said I was too loud. That was in a large room, about the size of your average high school gymnasium.

thanks! thats pretty much what i will need it for
Quote by ticklemeemo
does it have just one 10"?
its probably fine, but you can always hook it up to another speaker.

i think its 1 1x12
i have the same one, yes you can gig with it, but because its SS the sound breaks up so ****in much when you put the volume past 6
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
^ +1 DONT BUY THE SPIDER IT FAILS HARD, i had one and i put the volume and 5 once and i swear it sounded like a cackling caugh dropping!
rl]
Yeah, what the men above me said. It will be loud enough, but it will sound like shizzle
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
i bought one a while back. I havn't gigged with it yet. I took my uncle, who's a pretty expiranced gigging guitarist and he said it would be good enough for gigs for a while.
I'm eventually gonna get the 320w 4x12 that comes for it, and use the 75w as the head, therefore giving me a 5x12 half stack. =)
My Gear:

Gibson Les Paul GT "No Flames"
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
ESP LTD H-50
Line 6 Spider III 75w 1x12
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by Martyred
i bought one a while back. I havn't gigged with it yet. I took my uncle, who's a pretty expiranced gigging guitarist and he said it would be good enough for gigs for a while.
I'm eventually gonna get the 320w 4x12 that comes for it, and use the 75w as the head, therefore giving me a 5x12 half stack. =)

oh for f*cks sake, don't do it. I assume you play metal, so just sell the spider and buy a Randall RG50TC instead. it will sound a million times better than your spider, and it will be a LOT louder
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
i used to gig with my spider 3 line 6. you'll probably have the volume around half way. its decent for school events and small club gigging. in fact i'm still using the spider whenever i feel my hughes and kettner switchblade half stack is too much. majority of the people here blow it way out of the proportion causing other newbies to jump on the hate wagon. if your a true guitarist learn how to judge yourself instead of relying on other people's opinion.
Last edited by kckyle at Jul 16, 2008,
^ true, but i havent heard one owner of a spider 3 say they like theirs, and i am an owner of a spider 3 and i dont hate it, just wish i had bought something different
well then let me be the first one to say i'm proud to own my spider 3.

btw there was nothing good within the same price range, i got mine for 220 at guitar center. brand new.