What new car are you looking forward to such as bio-fuel, bi-furl, all electric, hydrogen fuel etc

Me personal I'm looking forward to hydrogen cars.
im waiting for a car that can fly....
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
if they make cars like that in the future i may aswell walk

id probably get to my nearest town more quickly by walking than car!

*bearing in mind i live an hour away from my nearest town*
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
i think that untel we convert over completely to one of those we need to make car plainly more efficent... to do that.... small engines and turbocharge them.

my self i drive a Firebird. ha wtf
I'm lookin forward to any car that doesn't require me to pay $4 to $5 a gallon for gas (petrol for ya Brits).
i look forward to when we dont need any more petrol/oil and arabs have to go back to knitting rugs
Quote by gagnerants

thats a good start, but that car isnt totally hydrogen. It has a petroleum reserve, and will actually travel farther on that than hydrogen. The Honda FCX Clarity is a better example. It doesnt use any gasoline whatsoever. And i believe it has a longer range.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
The problem with the hydrogen and these e85 fueled vehicles is the filling stations. The would need to set up many of those fueling stations before they can really mass produce them.

All Electric vehicles, I don't know. Seems to me that all it would take is a nice EMF and your vehicle turns to sh!t. GM had gotten rid of the ad with the Chevrolet VOLT mainly because the concept was good, but the technology isnt as advanced as they need it.

Hybrid vehicles are a joke. Batteries in the hybrid packs are not doing a whole hell of a lot of diffrence. Example: look at the GM hybrids. What did GM do to make a hybrid? They took heavy objects out of the vehicle, upped the tire pressure, altered the AC and stuck in a hundred pound battery pack. What was the outcome? about 2-3 mpg more. You could have gotten more had you have left out the hybrid pack and altered a few other things. Idea is good but the technology is not up there yet.

I predict we still have about 5-10 years before we have a decent alternative fueled vehicle that we are free of many worries.

I think that we just need to keep working with Active Fuel Management and Displacement on Demand because right now thats all we can do until the technology can keep up with us.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Right, and instead of playing Tekken, go out and join a martial arts tournament! While your at it, put down that NES controller and go jump on some real turtles, pussy..
Quote by gagnerants
Me personal I'm looking forward to hydrogen cars.

Yes, yes! Hydrogen powered crafts have never been tried before and never failed miserably causing the loss of thousands of lives...*cough* zeplin *cough*

P.S.

Not the band zeplin...the flying craft....
Black then white are all I see,
in my infancy, red and yellow then came to be.
De Lorean owned by Dr.Emmet Brown-inventor of the flux capacitor.

That's what I'm waiting for.

Quote by <SpaceTime>
Yes, yes! Hydrogen powered crafts have never been tried before and never failed miserably causing the loss of thousands of lives...*cough* zeplin *cough*

P.S.

Not the band zeplin...the flying craft.

That Zeppelin was the Hindenburg. The reason it went up in flames,or so it's thought,is that the skin was coated in a resin known as "dope" and that was set alight via a static spark from the frame. That's just a theory though-you can read more Here

Now,hydrogen powered cars. They work through combustion or turning hydrogen into a chemical fuel in a fuel-cell.
They have performed very well in tests,it's just a matter of money,you can read more Here
Last edited by _Tim_ at Jun 26, 2008,
I am not excited about anything until they make a car run on salt water, the sun, or air. Otherwise fvck them trying to exploit another resource, god knows down the line the price of hydrogen/bio fuels and whatever will **** another generation over, and they will be crying for another energy source.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
what they used in zeplins and what they use in the cars is huge differences, and think of the differences tech wise too.
Quote by Jericho114
I am not excited about anything until they make a car run on salt water, the sun, or air. Otherwise fvck them trying to exploit another resource, god knows down the line the price of hydrogen/bio fuels and whatever will **** another generation over, and they will be crying for another energy source.

Hydrogen can be produced through electrolysis which basically involves sending electricity through water.

What I'm concerned with is the price of the production of the alternate fuels as well as upgrading the infrastructure enough to accommodate new fuels. Just because you're running a hydrogen or electric car doesn't mean that you're saving the environment. You have to think about where the electricity or hydrogen comes from, and if they're still burning fossil fuels, then you're not doing that much good.
Im waiting for cars that replace fuel with water + cars with water fuel that can actually ride on the water.
You'd never have to stop for gas, it would be all around joo.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
Hydrogen can be produced through electrolysis which basically involves sending electricity through water.

What I'm concerned with is the price of the production of the alternate fuels as well as upgrading the infrastructure enough to accommodate new fuels. Just because you're running a hydrogen or electric car doesn't mean that you're saving the environment. You have to think about where the electricity or hydrogen comes from, and if they're still burning fossil fuels, then you're not doing that much good.

Where do you think the electricity comes from? Last I checked my bill, that **** wasn't free either. It's only a matter of time before they toss some tax on top of that and of course since "everyone" will have this new technology there will be supply and demand.

I am pretty sure when humans first started using oil they never really though about the consequences until they started to see them. Hydrogen could very well be the same way or lead to its own set of problems.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
What I meant was that the hydrogen comes from water and there's pretty much an infinite supply of that on the earth.

And like I said in my other post, it's not just how your car is powered, it's where you get the fuel and everything.
hydrogen comes from water and it admits water vapor so basically its going to make it rain more often
Hydrogen is a weak solution IMO.
The creation of it requires water and electricity which is shortsighted.

Water is one of the, or the most precious commodity on earth. Using it as a fuel source is stupid unless we can insure that the global demand for freshwater is met first. Drinking water>fueling cars with it

Electricity (in the US anyway) is a product of fossil fuels in most places. For instance in California we burn natural gas, east coast energy providers burn coal. Neither of which are renewable or clean.

Better transportation infrastructure should be our number one goal.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
What we REALLY need is a car fueled by music (or any sound, really).

If they could make (or implement, if they exist) some sort of sound receptor that takes the sound waves inside of a car and converts it to energy sent directly to an electric engine, I could keep that thing charged for years.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20

I see. I'm not good enough.

Well, I suppose someone can appreciate the value of a perfectly good piece of aeronautical furniture...