Hi I am about to start learning how to play the guitar but first I need to buy one. Can anyone give me suggestions on a good guitar. Thanks.
les paul if your looking for electric and gibson or taylor acoustics. If your price reange is low then a epi les paul or a washburn acoustic, washburns actually sound quite good
it all depends on what you wanna play and how much money u actually have. acoustics wise i really enjoy my Guild. (not sure of the make or the $) when i play stuff like AC/DC i use my Epiphone SG 400 (about $300) and for most other stuff i use my Fender Strat (price ranges upon the age, wear-and-tear, and whether or not its American or not). but if you want something very respsonsive to bends and very easy on the fingers, i enjoy playing Ibanez electrics. the ones i've played have been very good, i especially enjoyed the EG370. (about $400)

Good luck man, hopes this helps.
SoCalDirtDragon
honestly if your just learning you don't need a taylor or a gibson... i have a jasmine takamine and i LOVE it... i like my guitar better than my friends takamine.... so it all goes by YOUR feeling for the guitar and how comfortable the guitar is for you...
first learn to play. any cheap guitar will do fine cuz eventually u'll buy another guitar and keep getting more gear. after ur done learning some basic stuff on a cheap guitar then figure out what you like to play.

Lets face it. to guitarists looks come first. Pick out some guitars then start from there and figure out what features matter to you most.
Quote by NSHSpolevault
first learn to play. any cheap guitar will do fine cuz eventually u'll buy another guitar and keep getting more gear. after ur done learning some basic stuff on a cheap guitar then figure out what you like to play.

Lets face it. to guitarists looks come first. Pick out some guitars then start from there and figure out what features matter to you most.

Wow, horrible advice. Buying a decent starter guitar would be the way to go. Check out the "best guitars under $300" sticky. Buying "any cheap guitar" is not a very smart thing to do. Looks come first to guitarists? You must be joking.
my friend who is extremely good at playing the guitar told me that he recommended that I get a takamine if i don't mid paying above $250. I looked at reviews of guitars on the internet and found a couple guitars that seemed good to me and were priced between $230-$300. what do you think about these takamine guitars : G260C-BSB FXC, G260C-WR FXC, G340SC, G440C NEX, and G340 acoustic guitars? and what is the difference between dread knot and regular? Thanks.
Quote by ricecracka256
my friend who is extremely good at playing the guitar told me that he recommended that I get a takamine if i don't mid paying above $250. I looked at reviews of guitars on the internet and found a couple guitars that seemed good to me and were priced between $230-$300. what do you think about these takamine guitars : G260C-BSB FXC, G260C-WR FXC, G340SC, G440C NEX, and G340 acoustic guitars? and what is the difference between dread knot and regular? Thanks.

Well dreadnought is the most common shape for a guitar.....If you go look at pretty much any guitar thats not a cutaway or a jumbo then it will probably be a dreadnought design..and I don't see what you mean by "regular"....But yeah Takamines are pretty good guitars for starters, just see what you feel is right.
For an acoustic guitar Takamine is a very good choice I bought my F360 in 1975 and it plays as sweetly as ever. It has stood the test of time.

I also suggest you take some one with you that plays to Test the guitars. I dont agree That any cheap guitar is ok to start on More new users quit because of bad sound and guitars the tear your fingers up then any other cause IMHO.
Last edited by jammie056 at Jun 27, 2008,
i suggest you dont cheap out on your first acoustic as most people do and end up wanting a better one after they learn some stuff .. i suggest you purchase a yamaha fg700s .. it has a solid spruce top lamintae mahogany sides n back .. and it has superb quailty for what you pay .. and its 200 dollars
take it easy man .. its just a thread
im learning right now too. i started on my grandpa's 1971 yamaha fg-75 and for christmas i got a takamine g320. great guitar, but unfortunately it was discontinued. it was the cheapest guitar with the takamine name on it and it sounds and feels great. in my opinion, judging by my guitar and the various other "starter guitars" i've looked at and played, a takamine is a REALLY good choice....i gotta start saving up now though. i LOVE their high-end guitars and once i have more experience and can justify the purchase i want to buy the Garth Brooks signature guitar
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray