I have a Gibson Std. which currently has Ernie Ball Super Slinkys (09 / 11 / 16 / 24w / 32w / 42w) on it, its all set up and fine. However I was thinking about trying out the Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings (10, 13, 17, 30, 42, 52).

Due to the whole gage changing, will it be significant enough for me to have to have the nut re-cut (main issue)/have to re-set the whole thing up to fix fret buzz and intonation?
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
i don't think you'd have to have the nut re-cut, but you might have to raise the action a bit.
that's the same set I use, they're great.

yeah you might have to raise the action a little
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Brilliant! As long as there's no cutting involved it sounds good to me
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
i think you have to cut the nut. if it is set for 9-42s, there's a great difference with 10-52s. the nut should be cut, imo or it will break due to the tension from the low strings.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I changed from 10-46 on my les paul to 11-52 and Im never adjusated the action. The action go a little higher but I got used to it

Take one of those sandpaper nail files and just file the nut to fit it(if it's bone).
would a 52 low E string fit on a nut slot cut for a 42? i guess it will but it won't fit perfectly. so TS, i think you should cut the nut slots for the gauge you want.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC