So I come home an hour ago, to find my G400 fell of its stand, and I was like WTF? And I hear that the necks can break if they land on the back. Which it did, and the headstock hit the door... Now besides a few dings(Which I'm pretty mad about, since it's like 3 days old ) is there a chance the neck weakened? No cracks around the neck that I can tell.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
pwned
Quote by Fate_of_Mind
The username. Who wants to be known as the poop kid? That's like the kid that poops in the urinal at school and everybody finds out about it.

Quote by Metallicaxp
This, this right here is the correct option.
Why didn't you take more care of it?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Well look near the nut to see if you see any cracks, if you dont it should be ok.
Is it the Epiphone G-400 your talking about?http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=24&CollectionID=16

If it is, I've had mine fall a few times or slam into a doorway and the neck is fine. I don't know how hard yours fell though, but if there are no cracks or anything, the neck could still be weakened but not to the point it will break, unless its abused more. Its hard to tell, it might be it might not be, without any outward signs I'd say its fine...but you never know. Is its intonation messed up? Is the neck warped now?
Chaos

Quote by Phobos&Deimos
I never brag about how incredibly awesome I am.

If it hasn't cracked it hasn't cracked. Don't worry about it and buy a better stand
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Well I wasn't home when it fell, so I probably didn't leave it on the stand right or something, or a cat got caught in the strap. The intonation was a tiny bit flat on 2 strings (Unless it was already like that) No cracks on the nut or anything. Neck doesn't look warped but IDK what to look for.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Just toss it in the case after you're done using it.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Yeah about that, I don't have a case and they're like $80.
If you can't get a case or a gig bag for $20, than you could always just lean it against a wall. From what I understand, walls tend not to fall over....
Im getting a gator case for $66. When i get it i can let u know how it works out. And i have the same exact guitar. Just got it monday.
What I do is put my guitars in such a place where no one or nothing will screw with them. I'm sick of people and things knocking over my guitars and basses. I was at a friend's house one night with my Squier bass and I put it up against the wall... of course the friends knocked it over, so I put it in the corner... knocked over again. So I put it on top of his air hockey table... so obviously someone got thrown onto the table and slid off the other side, taking my bass with him.