Yes its a practice amp and it is a bad one. I own Spider II 30 and I absolutely hate it. I'm looking to change it with some other practice amps like vox or cube 30x.
I recommend you not to buy this amp, and research more.
Current Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Gothic
Blackstar Ht-5
Bad Monkey
no one EVER mentions their STYLE OF MUSIC, or their BUDGET when they ask about amps on this website.
Take a look at the Vox Valvetronix.

The Line 6 isn't really loved here.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
since your buying 30 watts, i assume you need it for live performance and not just practice.

basically, the tone sucks. You'll regret it if you're serious about guitar
Assuming your talking about the spider III, I'm not very fond of them. Their tone is very thin and raspy and it is generally despised on this forum with good reason. There are better 30 watt practice amps with huge versatility. Most notably, the Roland cube 30.
Music style and budget isnt an issue when it comes to a spider theres never a reason to buy one.
Quote by Tackleberry
Music style and budget isnt an issue when it comes to a spider theres never a reason to buy one.

Try telling my singer that. He bought the band a beastly 75 watt one, despite the fact that I told him to get a Valveking.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by guerito
no one EVER mentions their STYLE OF MUSIC, or their BUDGET when they ask about amps on this website.

I listen to pop punk/alternative rock, hardcore. And i'm look for something under $300. thanks.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Get a Crate GTD 65 they are $160 and sound great. i got one a few months ago and it still looks and works like brand new(YES I USE IT!). ive even performed live with it, twice.
I'm with acdcrocks on this one.

The Palomino would be really good for what you play.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
if you're talking about the spider, don't get it. It'll seem really good for about half an hour (long enough for you to go into a shop, try it and say "yeah i like this amp" and buy it), but then you start to get fed up with how cold and sterile the tone is, and begin to hate it. Get the Vox AD30VT if you play medium-gain stuff like classic rock, or the Roland cube if you wanna play metal stuff. They are both far superior. Or if you don't need the wide array of tones and just one one damn good one, go used and get a tube amp like the peavey classic 30 or palomino V16 as mentioned by acdcrocks0323 and mcrfobtai.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by SSL27
Try telling my singer that. He bought the band a beastly 75 watt one, despite the fact that I told him to get a Valveking.

You trusted your singer to buy the guitarist's amp?
Quote by Horlicks
You trusted your singer to buy the guitarist's amp?

lol. xD
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.