Our band has been debating on how we our going to record our drums, getting a good sound but not spending a fortune. One predicament that arised was if we should use an electric drum set or end up buying another acoustic with mics. I was just wondering if you guys knew what would work better and be cheaper to record with. We're looking around $1000 for our budget.

Thanks
So you have $1000 to spend on just recording equipment, or $1000 to buy a whole new kit and recording equipment.

Do you not already have a kit you can use to record with?
Quote by MrPillow
So you have $1000 to spend on just recording equipment, or $1000 to buy a whole new kit and recording equipment.

Do you not already have a kit you can use to record with?

Whole new kit we do have one but my friend who also plays bass wants to learn a little bit of drums so it would be him paying for most of it
The e-kits are nice but you wont find a Roland v-drums set for that price since the TD12 and 20 are the only sets I would suggest getting for studio use...

Drum mics can be nice and $1,000 isnt a bad budget if you already have the stands. You should also have an interface with at least 8 inputs such as the PreSonus FP10.

If you dont have the budget, dont cheap out, just setup studio time. Doing this will give the best sound for the price.
+1, really....

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I think you should save some money, heed Moody's advice, and head to the studio.
dont get an electric set man, they sound too fake most of the time. And they're really expensive!

You can get a pretty damn good drum sound with 4 mics and an audio interface