So I decided to plug my MP3 player into my amp like I often do to use backing tracks and such. Well...yeah...I'll let the picture speak for itself.

Sigh. I have about $200 towards my laptop fund and $4,000 left of tuition to pay.
Anyone else ever burn out an MP3 player by your amp?
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
It looks heavenly.

Also, I don't have an mp3...sawwy. But, my computer broke because I shocked by rubbing my feet on the carpet..That's all I got.
Congratulations, I've never done that with all of my different MP3 players, Ipods, etc. I've plugged mine into bass amps so I dunno.
*confused*
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
that looks like someone smashed that screen something harsh
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Munchlaxatives
So I decided to plug my MP3 player into my amp like I often do to use backing tracks and such. Well...yeah...I'll let the picture speak for itself.

Sigh. I have about $200 towards my laptop fund and $4,000 left of tuition to pay.
Anyone else ever burn out an MP3 player by your amp?

that is a cracked lcd screen, doubt your amp did that
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
I have a Roland, so I had my amp on Power Squeeze; in between playing, with the amp on, I plugged in my MP3 player to the auxilary port and it made a cracking noise come out of the amp and the screen looked like that.

For the record, the amp I usually use makes me use that adapter thing for headphones; this one makes me do it for headphones, but not for the auxilary port.

As for the screen, on the outside it's just fine. It's cracked on the inside.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

lolz you used teh auxillary port.

I know someone who blew his brand new valve amp by doing that. He wasn't pleased.
It's possible for overvoltage to do that to an LCD screen.
Quote by TastyMooglePie
Rape everyone involved: the girlfriend, the mom, the dad, and throw in the dog for good measure.

Quote by Prankster1990
NoFX_Fan182 is awesome mkay. He just rocks my socks
you must've pumped the gain...

when i pump the gain a tiny amount of electrical current is sent through my wiring,strings,connected hardware etc...and the PUP's are passive
Hodam,a stojim...
Quote by Azrael_031
you must've pumped the gain...

when i pump the gain a tiny amount of electrical current is sent through my wiring,strings,connected hardware etc...and the PUP's are passive

The only thing I did was switch from the Distortion to Metal Channel on my Amp. I can't quite find the right one for Master of Puppets. Distortion sounds a bit like I'm using the neck pickup while the Metal makes me sound like another douche at Guitar Center.

Jeff