so, i kinda jsut started working on this
but i like it so far
i want some opinoins on what riffs sound good enough to repeat as like a verse and stuff, and like what kindof progressions you see coming up

its deathcore/hardcore, something like that
and i dont want to read anything about how hardcore sucks, its about what the musician wants to write

edit

i think its finished now, kinda short i know
but idk what to put in there
huge mental block killing me

edit: i realized what its missing- hardcore breakdowns!!!

just imagine some core pig vocals over this whoel thing, its even more brootalz =)
Attachments:
hardcore.zip
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Last edited by envoykrawkwar7 at Jun 27, 2008,
It was pretty cool, I kinda liked it. Really short. At first I thought the title was '7 bpm' instead of '7 bm' and was all like '**** this is gonna suck huge ass'.

The chromaticism was really annoying on bars 7-10, and I'm a fan of it when used right. Just open up the fretboard in guitar pro and try to stick to using the same notes and when doing a chord just look at the root note (usually the note of the lowest string)

Also I liked the part after that, it was cool. Pretty cool but should probably be longer.

@Guitar Sushi: Lol

If you wanna C4C check out any of em... they're all cool.
Last edited by bloodshed344 at Jun 26, 2008,
Yeah, I thought it said 7 bpm too, but it was definitely cool - brutally fast, cool drumming. The little solo bit was pretty cool too, but way short seeming for me. I'd give it an 8/10, it just seemed to not have much closure, but what there was was good.
Quote by bloodshed344
It was pretty cool, I kinda liked it. Really short. At first I thought the title was '7 bpm' instead of '7 bm' and was all like '**** this is gonna suck huge ass'.

The chromaticism was really annoying on bars 7-10, and I'm a fan of it when used right. Just open up the fretboard in guitar pro and try to stick to using the same notes and when doing a chord just look at the root note (usually the note of the lowest string)

@Guitar Sushi: Lol

If you wanna C4C check out any of em... they're all cool.

yeah, its just a start at now, but idk if its really worth continuing, too hard to continue thinking up new technical drum fills and stuff if im not gonna finish it lol

yeah, i had no other idea for those bars, but i guess, i can stick to what im doing, but keep the same chord progression insted of fingering position

haha, yeah, what he said was kinda just 0_0

thanks, ill crit one of yours right away
Quote by metul kult

this guy accually knows how to write deathcore.

intro riff killed me.i loved the sweep picking thing which ended in slutting out the whamy bar.

the riff at bar 12 was really off and disonant but im guessing thats what you were going for.

good breakdoiwn.

greatsong, id love to hear it recorded. with pig squeals and sea gull caws of course.
this guy accually knows how to write deathcore.

intro riff killed me.i loved the sweep picking thing which ended in slutting out the whamy bar.

the riff at bar 12 was really off and disonant but im guessing thats what you were going for.

good breakdoiwn.

greatsong, id love to hear it recorded. with pig squeals and sea gull caws of course.

haha yeah, i realized, its all in the drums, lol, and slutting out the whamyy bar? damn that totally describes me...

yeah, it was supposed to be, but thats partly because the tracks got a little messed up with copy and past and stuff and like trying ot make bars fit, =p, i hate guitar pro

and definatley, as soon as i figure out which guitar to tune to drop a again to get it right, it just doesnt sound good in e standard

and to BKG, thats probably becuase 90% of my influence comes forom jfac, and a lot of all shall perish too, but thats about it for deathcore, amazingly, but good ear
Quote by metul kult

The drums are absolutely brutal.
Not so much a fan of death core guitar work but I can tell its structured well.
Good job.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Critting as I'm listening...

Nice beggining, pretty brutal.
The sweep picking, hell yes.
The next riff flows good, more sweep picking
This chromatic riff doesn't seem to fit all that well, but sounds good in itself.
The breakdown sounds sweet, I really like the drums.
The melodic thing you do makes it sound much more interesting.
The epic bit really keeps my attention, not boring like most deathcore.
The next breakdown at first reminds me a **** load of We Hold These Truths by ASP, until you add the dissonant chord.
This solo section sounds pretty sweet, very Burning The Masses-ish.
No comment on the rest of the song.

Overall, it sounded pretty damn solid. A few parts could use a little polishing, but overall it was sweet. 9/10

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911174
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin