I pretty much want a white Tom Delonge Strat, but they no longer make this model. I want a white one with a white seymour duncan invader in the bridge, i am going to be building a squier because i can't afford a fender, so my question is...... Do i get the cheapest squier i can e.g. the affinity series one or save up and get a dearer one?

P.s. i do not want a different coloured one it must be white as i do not want to spray it.

Thanks in advance

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

I think the affinity series get the best write-ups as upgradable guitars but if you're going to go down the upgrade route you might want to just get a better guitar to begin with; you won't regret it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
All i want is a white strat with one pick up in the bridge i can post pics if this will help?

Get a cheap one but not the cheapest because then it will feel really crappy.
Quote by Lycan_Ste
All i want is a white strat with one pick up in the bridge i can post pics if this will help?

Save up and get a better guitar; it will serve you better to do so in the long run.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Erm any models or anything? i just want the neck to play well as i can do the routing myself if required, any links will be greatfull

Well preferably you should go with a Mexican strat but if you don't want to save up that much money I really don't know.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Buy MIM strat, buy pickguard, rewire, done.

It'll be much more decent than an affinity
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
How much is a MIM? thomman seems to be dear now.

You can get a lite ash strat from gak.co.uk for £319, I think that's about the cheapest strat fender do.

Or you can get a HSS strat for £479.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
I got my MIM tele for $250 used with a case, so you can probably get a used MIM strat for ~250 as well.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
yea.. I definitely suggest not cheaping out. save up for something good. It'll play much better, and have pretty much everything you're looking for at better quality... really can't go wrong.
Guitars:
'72 Telecaster Custom
Dean V-coustic
Ibanez ARZ307

Pedals:

Metal Muff
Mastortion
Dunlop Crybaby
Marshall Regenerator
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
MXR Analog Delay

Amp:
Peavey 1x12 Something..
Quote by Lycan_Ste
I pretty much want a white Tom Delonge Strat, but they no longer make this model. I want a white one with a white seymour duncan invader in the bridge

why? the guitar is terribly unversatile for two reasons... one being the lone pickup... and the second being that the pickup in question is high output and puts out a really muddy, low quality sound...

if going for the sole bridge humbucker please at least get a better humbucker....
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
I want his exact guitar though and my jagmaster already does alot of the sounds i need its just i either want his strat or his es 333.

1) How much can you spend. if you can afford a MIM Fender, then definately go for that. If not, go for a Squire standard series. Problem is, the hardware sucks and you'll need to replace it anyways. Just spend a little more for the Fender.

2) If you're looking for his tone and sound, the guitar iks only going to help you a little bit. You need his hand and pedals to make up the majority of the sound.
I don't know why you'd really want one, to be honest. Just get Fat Strat with a different humbucker in the bridge. Way more versatile.

A guitar with a single pickup and only a volume knob isn't going to be very flexible.
Quote by TheProducer
I don't know why you'd really want one, to be honest. Just get Fat Strat with a different humbucker in the bridge. Way more versatile.

A guitar with a single pickup and only a volume knob isn't going to be very flexible.

+1

HSS is great if you want a humbubker at the bridge. I don't seem the point in limiting your tonal options...
Quote by supergerbil
+1

HSS is great if you want a humbubker at the bridge. I don't seem the point in limiting your tonal options...

I have a stock MIM Fat Strat and I can get a decent Blink 182 sound out of the bridge humbucker already. Combine it with the right amp and pedal and you're set...and better yet, you can play nice cleans when you need to as well.
I am not definately going to do this as i need to save most of the money and i did want to spend about £220 which is why i was sticking to squier and a fender will cost more than that for the body alone, i do not mind having 2 knobs e.g. 1 tone and 1 volume its just i wasn't sure which squier to go for?