when i play the 16th fret in my p bass(see sig) i got lots of fret buzz, i can barely hear any note, but there is no fret buzz in the 17th fret or in the 15th fret
also this just happen on my A string
i have tried raising the action but i have to raise it a lot to avoid this buzz
any idea of what could be the solution?, maybe a neck warp?
and the string seems fine
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
The simplest way would be to get it set up in a shop. Might be expensive but it is worth it in the long run.

xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Sounds to me like it is either:

a) a set up problem. Adjusting the neck relief could sort it out.

b) a fret problem- the 16th fret is lower than the 17th fret, causing it to buzz on the 17th fret when the 16th is fretted, as the distance between the string and next fret is smaller than when the 17th fret is fretted. If that makes sense.
Delirium is right, im 99% sure that its just the 17th fret is slightly higher than the 16th. So when you fret 16 its hitting the 17th. Take it to a guitar shop its an easy fix, shouldnt be more than 15 dollars.
sounds like a bad fret.
don't try to hammer it in- it may just be deformed.
go to a shop and tell them it don't work.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
that could be
but the set up is 10$ here so i have to think twice before spending that money

PS: i know for you americans 10$ si almost nothing but for me its some money, not a huge big thing, but is something i may worry to misspend and for something i could fix myself

anyways i think i would go with a store set up
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400