I'm going to get a new guitar and for the amount of money that I have saved up (about $2500) I think I should get a custom guitar. I'm wondering what are some good places I can get a custom guitar from? The only one I know about is carvin and the particular model is the DC127. Does anyone know if they are good for shredding?

If you can answer my questions, thanks.
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
Any guitar can be good for shred, it all depends on the player.

You could try looking in your local area for luthiers as well.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
At that price you're really limited to Carvin and local luthier level guitars. There's nothing wrong with those but if you want to get something from a bigger name like Ran, ESP, etc... keep saving.

You could probably get a barebones guitar from Ran for about $2500, but personally I think it's pointless if you get a custom and then get the bottom of the line.

^ They're are only a couple production guitars from Suhr you can find for under $2500, so custom is definetely a no.
ranguitars.com is where my current custom is getting built i also bought one of my friend's rans cuz his mom thinks he and his dad have too many... i loved it so much i'm getting my own now 4-6 more months.... damn it
By the way anyone know a luthier who makes custom shape hollow body guitars(not getting it yet just for future plans...)

edit: ran requires 30% down payment the rest to be paid at completion so if you got a steady job go ahead and get one cuz it takes anywhere from 8-12 months
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Last edited by BAoxymoron at Jun 26, 2008,