While they're not as good as some of the other PRS models (the SE's are fairly low-end), the fact that they're manufactured by PRS alone can tell you that they're good guitars, albeit not the best that PRS has to offer. They were made to be more affordable. However, that by no means makes them bad.

PRS is a solid company. They wouldn't fuck you around with shit guitars.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
YES they are good. I own one. Played for 6 hours at GC trying guitars and this was my favorite. I have the SE custom black with trem.

Good deal buy one

GET THE CUSTOM
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Quote by phip
YES they are good. I own one. Played for 6 hours at GC trying guitars and this was my favorite. I have the SE custom black with trem.

Good deal buy one

GET THE CUSTOM

+1 for the custom
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
PRS SE Custom is your best bet imo. They are all good instruments and well worth the cash but out of the lot I'd personally go for an SE Custom.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I'm not sure i they're available lefty. I don't think so. How are the trems on a prs?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I never liked the SE line, they are far too overpriced. I spent some time at a GC, I played a Squier Jagmaster, an SE Custom, a Mexican Tele, and an Epi LP Standard...the Squier was definitely my favorite. The SE's neck just feels very 'blocky' to me, and the Tele and Squier necks just felt more comfortable.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by SungWismyName
o yeah do you think a microcube from roland would work well with it?

No, not at all. Do not spend a crapload of money on a guitar and then $100 on an amp that you won't be able to use for anything except practice. As a rule of thumb, you should spend more on your amp than on your guitar.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Trems are O.K I mean they work bu their not amazing. At first I got the creaking noise so I lubed up and put some oil on the bridge and it works great now.

Oh and get a nice amp. I bought it before I got my C30 when I had a **** SS amp. I pluged it into the c30 and was amazed. Try a B-52 if your into metal or a Classic 30 or 20 if you can find them. (their not made anymore)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Classic-20-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ140243616821QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Last edited by phip at Jun 27, 2008,
My drummer owns a singlecut, and I really can't cite any stand out flaws. He plays it through a Marshall AVT and it still sounds pretty passable, through my 6505 it sounds godly.
Dickless.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
No, not at all. Do not spend a crapload of money on a guitar and then $100 on an amp that you won't be able to use for anything except practice. As a rule of thumb, you should spend more on your amp than on your guitar.

I dont play at gigs or anything jsut at home for fun
Quote by Gunpowder
the fact that they're manufactured by PRS alone can tell you that they're good.

Actually they are manufactured by a Korean company ,"taught" and liscensed by PRS.
I like them, but of course not as great as a real PRS. I like the value though.
Member of the Single Coils are for Real Men group
Member of the Lefties Unite Group
Quote by Black-Metal
does anyone know what prs are made left handed?

PRS stopped making lefties awhile ago, because they said the demand wasn't high enough. You can find some real PRS on the used market that are left-handed, but I've never seen a left-handed SE...
Quote by MortifiedLizard

I agree with you on principle, and he should spend more on the amp. But if you mic it, I've actually found the Micro Cube to be gig-worthy.
Quote by Flying Couch
I agree with you on principle, and he should spend more on the amp. But if you mic it, I've actually found the Micro Cube to be gig-worthy.

yeah but my question is that will the guitar still sound good with the microcube? i just play in my room so the lack of volume isnt a problem
I have the PRS SE custom and honestly it is a great guitar, I have people tell me all the time that for the price it is well worth it. Right now I am having some difficulty with it but you can't find anything better in the price range.
Quote by jking948
I have the PRS SE custom and honestly it is a great guitar, I have people tell me all the time that for the price it is well worth it. Right now I am having some difficulty with it but you can't find anything better in the price range.

what amp do you use
I have two amps one is for my friends when they are over and I practice with it in my room it is a fender 65 frontman and it sounds decent, but my gig and real practice amp is my Peavey Valveking 212.