I was thinking in the event that I start gigging and that my guitar is fUxor3d, I should have a back-up. My current rig is an Epi Les Paul Standard plugged into a Peavey VK112.

I've come up with a few ideas as a start. Either a Squire Jagmaster or Tele custom of the same brand (it's has two covered 'buckers as well). But I was wondering if there was anything that could sound sort of close to the same.

My band plays some modern rock, and occaisionally blues and some classic.

I was wondering if UG had any other suggestions though.

Thanks guys.

WrstEDIT: Forgot the budget. Try and keep it under 250
Well, since you have a budget, I was going to say get a G400, but I perfer the Tele custom over the jagmaster
here's and idea, save your money, buy a better guitar for more, and use the Epi as the back up
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
If you already have a Epi LP Standard, I think it would be a complete waste of your funds to get a Epi LP Custom.
Quote by Sean-Man
here's and idea, save your money, buy a better guitar for more, and use the Epi as the back up

If he had the money to do that, I'm sure he would have asked for recommendations for a guitar better than his Epiphone. Besides, he already has a good amp, a better guitar probably won't drastically improve his tone.

I'd buy the Jagmaster over the Tele custom. The Jagmaster will probably sound more like your Les Paul because it's scale length is closer to the Les Paul than the Telecaster's scale length is.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack