Hey all.

I was wondering what you guys thought was the best in the RG Series, and why. Partially because I'm looking at buying (under 1000, please :P) and partially because I'm curious.
RG 550
the original.
they are getting harder to come by though...
but there are some out there for pretty cheap.
my friend has one for sale right now actually
but if you dont want that, RG prestige 1570 is really close...but the paintjob is **** lol
rg 7321=) love it to deathhhh
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
i have the RG 521 EX2 Reaper. It cost me about $450 and its amazing. Fast neck, low action, great EMG pickups, love the paintjob and the neck inlay, and it sure turns heads. I'd buy it all over again if i could. Only problem with that is i think it was a limited edition.
RIP George Carlin (1937-2008)
The best RG's are the 500's, 700's, RGA's, and all the prestige ones.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
RGA 121 is probably the all around best for under a grand. But if I had to choose, probably the Xiphos 7 string. If looks could kill, it would be a serial killer.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I like the RGT (neck through) models but they have painted necks (to match the body) I don't have a problem with painted necks but part of the RG's allure for me has always been the unpainted maple necks and mine isn't quite the same.
Guitars:
Carvin DC145
Epiphone Explorer with Seymour Duncan JB and '59
Ibanez RGT42FXQM with Dimarzio Evo 2 and PAF Joe
Amp:
Carvin V3 2x12 combo with JJ 6L6GC tubes

Bass:
Ibanez SR300IPT
Amp:
Carvin BX600 2x10 half stack
I really wish ibanez didnt put six thousand digits to describe the guitar instead of a name. I feel like everyone is speaking in code or whatever.

/nohelptothisthreadatall
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Not that hard to understand. The numbers are a system. Looking at the first number (for the 3 number 6 string RG's), anything below 5 is a Made in Korea guitar. Of course there were some RG400's that were made in Japan, but those are kind of rare. Just look at the last 2 numbers. If it ends in 20, it's an HH config. If it ends in 21, it has an HH config and is a hard-tail. If it ends in 50, it's an HSH config with a pickguard. If it ends in 60, it has an HSS config. If it ends in 65, it has an HS config. If it ends in 70, it's an HSH with no pickguard.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
PRESTIGE, they are around 800-1000 dollars and are the best quality guitars with the best quality control and parts in the RG series.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

Quote by mogar
Not that hard to understand. The numbers are a system. Looking at the first number (for the 3 number 6 string RG's), anything below 5 is a Made in Korea guitar. Of course there were some RG400's that were made in Japan, but those are kind of rare. Just look at the last 2 numbers. If it ends in 20, it's an HH config. If it ends in 21, it has an HH config and is a hard-tail. If it ends in 50, it's an HSH config with a pickguard. If it ends in 60, it has an HSS config. If it ends in 65, it has an HS config. If it ends in 70, it's an HSH with no pickguard.

Very helpful, thank you.

Even so, that cant be helpful to non experienced ibanez users like myself. It just seems like there could be a more efficent way of discerning their models.

Oh well, it takes all kinds i guess.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
RG 550 is and will always be the best RG with whammy (which all RG should have).
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
RG 470 - I've got one and it's amazing. It has a Prestige neck though - might be a custom order, even Ibanez aren't sure, but it's from the factory. All I know it that's is Jap and beautiful. I picked it up for $800AU with a 60W line 6 amp (which I am selling for around $500) so, I managed to pick up the guitar for $300.

Just about anything Japanese should be nice, from what I've tried, they've always been better quality (my fiance's Korean one just doesn't cut it for me). It doesn't really HAVE to be a Prestige, although they're going to be better.
Ein wenig Gift ab und zu: das macht angenehme Träume. Und viel Gift zuletzt, zu einem angenehmen Sterben.

A little poison now and then: that maketh pleasant dreams. And much poison at last for a pleasant death.
I have a RG1570 and really like it there about 750. It seems a little heavy to me, its basswood, supposed to be really light, but its heavier than my Schecter c7.
Mesa F-50 (all ruby tubes)
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Cry Baby Wah
Boss SD-1
Mine ; )

i Think the 1570 is the only Prestige worth the money, same specs for the most part as the others, just replace the pickups and you're good to go.
i've had 3 RG570s, fantastic guitars. I prefer the older version without the AANJ

bored of Ibanez now though
RGT Series. Ive got an RGT42FX. Ha ha. You all wish. Not to be a jerk or anything, but really, with just some better pups in there.. you all wish.