barre the 2nd fret and put your middle, ring, and pinky fingers where they need to go on the 4th fret.

or just lay your ring finger across the dgbe strings, sounds the same.
since most of it is played at the 7th fret one has to assume that you are playing B @the7th fret. unless the chord change moves and you gravitate to the 2nd fretB? lots of chords there dude! get a chord guide and experiment, with all the b's until you get it. good luck!
Thanks for the help guys! Hey tbone what you said works man I tried it (played the song a couple times) and it seems to blend well
when i play in E, sometimes I just play B as a B power chord, it works out fine. Try it
^This gives a really dreamy sound to the B chord, and if you are playing fast open chords in E, its much easier to play.
yea... i play open b all the time.

x24400
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
He could play the power chord but I doubt it will sound right for the song. It would probably just be best to practice the barre chord that they gave you or give an open B(x24400) instead. If you find something hard just practice it for a while. Then after a while you will find it easy. That way you actually improve and you don't just do things that you already can do over and over again.
and neither will a power chord like you suggested in your previous post. So all in all, he/she should just work on that Barre chord.
my friend who is extremely good at playing the guitar told me that he recommended that I get a takamine if i don't mid paying above $250. I looked at reviews of guitars on the internet and found a couple guitars that seemed good to me and were priced between $230-$300. what do you think about these takamine guitars : G260C-BSB FXC, G260C-WR FXC, G340SC, G440C NEX, and G340 acoustic guitars? and what is the difference between dread knot and regular? Thanks.
my friend who is extremely good at playing the guitar told me that he recommended that I get a takamine if i don't mid paying above $250. I looked at reviews of guitars on the internet and found a couple guitars that seemed good to me and were priced between $230-$300. what do you think about these takamine guitars : G260C-BSB FXC, G260C-WR FXC, G340SC, G440C NEX, and G340 acoustic guitars? and what is the difference between dread knot and regular? Thanks.
I was wondering if anyone knows about the takamine G260C-BSB FXC it really caught my eye thanks.
If you gave a link to all of them I would help you out on each one but the G260C-BSB is not solid top which it would be better if it was. Look at the what guitar under 300 thread it is stickied. Go to the FAQ at the top for some information on the sizes and all. Next time though, can you just make your own thread instead of just hijacking someone else's.
yeah sorry I actually posted this in the wrong thread i already made one and i accidently put it on this thread.