ive played the original zelda here and there but no others and im about to get twilight princess for the wii and i was wondering how to become a zelda fanatic before i get it. like get to know whats happened so far and stuff. i know about like epona and hyrule temple and thats about it . any help?

....................................................................................................................................................................................
How about Wikipedia or PLAY OCARINA OF TIME BECAUSE IT'S THE BEST GAME EVAR.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Get the games. Play them. All of them - you owe it to yourself.

It's like having boiling hot joy pumped into your bloodstream.
Wikipedia is your friend.
I could be wrong, but I believe that Ocarina of Time is the 1st in the chronology, followed by Majora's mask. Sometime after that is TP...

Nobody knows the time line, though, it's top secret.

But for you, I recommend playing at least, Ocarina of Time.
I for one prefer Majora's Mask to Ocarina of Time, although I should add I played it first. The whole idea of a vibrant, intricate world of Termina really drew me in. (Not to sound like I'm bashing Ocarina, both are brilliant games. As is Twilight Princess, although the end is a bit, um, disappointing.)
Quote by blackenedktulu
Wikipedia is your friend.
I could be wrong, but I believe that Ocarina of Time is the 1st in the chronology, followed by Majora's mask. Sometime after that is TP...

Nobody knows the time line, though, it's top secret.

But for you, I recommend playing at least, Ocarina of Time.

Pretty sure Minish Cap is first.
Quote by Griff_Kid
Twlight princess > OoT

Those be fighting words.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Pay for Ocarina of Time on the Wii online thing and just download it to your system, and then play the whole damn thing. That game is amazing. I'm thinking about downloading it onto my siblings Wii just to play it again.
ocarina of time owns TP, the dark world ****s my ****, just like metroid prime and metroid prime 2
When I was in highschool 4 or 5 years ago my history teacher crapped herself (she had a problem, she was wearing dippers and all that but damn it was retarded and funny as hell).

You could hear the farts all over the classroom, lol.
Quote by Griff_Kid
TP > OoT

No way. TP was a huge letdown.

Play Ocarina of Time first man, only way to truely experience and understand the Zelda games.
Quote by mattvl
Pay for Ocarina of Time on the Wii online thing and just download it to your system, and then play the whole damn thing. That game is amazing. I'm thinking about downloading it onto my siblings Wii just to play it again.

Yeah, if you've got a Wii, there's no excuse not to. It's like ten bucks.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Those be fighting words.

Yeah there's a little bit of regret growing but screw it all the Zelda games are awsome, aside from The phantom hourglass.

But to answer the timeline question i read somewere in TP, or wiki that there's a 100 year gap between Oot and TP.
When I started playing Zelda games, I worried about that too.
It's a simple solution, really. Just shut up and play. Experience Zelda for yourself.
It's like sex.
Ocarina of Time is truely the best game ever, I don't play many video games, but any Zelda game, I HAVE TO GET AND BEAT.

The worst is probably "Wind Waker," and I personally thought "The Phantom Hour" glass was actually a really good game, good storyline.

Majora's Mask is great too, a bit long though, I have only beaten it twice, whereas I have beatan Ocarina upwards 50 times lol, I love it so much.

Another epic Zelda game, and a break in the series is a "Link to the Past." And Twilight Princess was pretty cool to me, I didn't think it was a let down.

Damn I just remembered the Oracle series as well, I am gonna have to go get my Zelda games out!
Well, I'd get the games and play em. Tho, in theory, the storylines all happen at the same time. This allows the makers to say, "Well, buy the newest game cuz the other storylines are unique, etc. blah, blah, blah". I'd recommend findin the "Ocorina of Time" for N64 tho and playin that. Otherwise, wikipedia.
Quote by Griff_Kid
TP > OoT

EDIT: You don't need to know what's happend so far. Their all unique storey lines, although i suppose you could consider TP a sequal to Oot.

Are you kidding? TP sucks compared to OoT. And no, you don't know what you're talking about, TP is not even close to being a sequel to OoT or even being connected with it. Majora's Mask is the sequel to OoT.

Also, only gaming thread.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Flying Couch
Pretty sure Minish Cap is first.

Debatable. It's between OoT & Minish Cap.

I view OoT as the beginning of the entire series
Quote by Griff_Kid
Yeah there's a little bit of regret growing but screw it all the Zelda games are awsome, aside from The phantom hourglass.

But to answer the timeline question i read somewere in TP, or wiki that there's a 100 year gap between Oot and TP.

aside from the phantom hourglass? what kind of cheap crack have you been smoking? that game is awesome
Quote by Diamond Dave
aside from the phantom hourglass? what kind of cheap crack have you been smoking? that game is awesome

Agreed, I think the only Zelda game that has been a letdown was Wind Waker.
Quote by R0CKER1220
Minish Cap?

Yeah, it's the beginning of the four sword chronological aspect to the series. It's a theory, but I stick to OoT being first.

And pssh to all you haters, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess & Phantom Hourglass all kicked ass, just not as much ass as Ocarina or Majora's Mask
Wind Waker is also worth checking out. I thought the cel shading was a really refreshing change. The game is a little short, but really good.

Majoras Mask is really good too. Its so much darker
Dude what's with the WW bashing? It's the only one with a world actually worth exploring imo with all the little islands and stuff.
Military use of children?

Infantry.