Just wondering has anybody tried this amp? I looks pretty nice, not a bad price just didnt have time to try it out today at long and mcquade...
This is the amp that I plan on buying. Its freakin awesome.
Well I dont plan to be playing a whole lot of metal :P Im mainly going to be playing classic rock (Cream, Rush, Zeppelin) and some more bluesy things like Clapton, Buddy Guy and such.
^Great for Buddy Guy. It has a dark voicing, and kinda sounds like a tweed fender but darker. Very rich and creamy.
Quote by imgooley
^Great for Buddy Guy. It has a dark voicing, and kinda sounds like a tweed fender but darker. Very rich and creamy.

Thanks, I am deffiantly going to go back now :P But im pretty sure anything will be better than my current amp...a little squeir Sidekick :P
Quote by CuttingJesse
Thanks, I am deffiantly going to go back now :P But im pretty sure anything will be better than my current amp...a little squeir Sidekick :P

For sure.

You should probably try out some comparable amps as well, like a Peavey Delta Blues, a Classic 30, a Palomino V32, a Crate V33, and a Blues Deluxe to name a few.

They are all very good, but very different.
Man, I haven't played a Blues Custom, but I really want to.
None of my stores have them .

I've heard they sound delicious though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by CuttingJesse
Do you know if they are all in or around the same price range?

The Crates are cheaper, the Fenders and Peaveys, more expensive, but only within a range of 50-100 dollars or so.

Quote by darkarbiter7
Man, I haven't played a Blues Custom, but I really want to.
None of my stores have them .

I've heard they sound delicious though.

They ARE delicious.
ive never played them, but as i understand them, they are somewhat based on Vox AC-30s and AC-50s. Which of course is the tits for what you want.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
My brother has one, its fantastic. It is however, extremely heavy. 72 lbs!
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by chea_man
ive never played them, but as i understand them, they are somewhat based on Vox AC-30s and AC-50s. Which of course is the tits for what you want.

They have 6l6's though, and are true class A/B. They don't really sound like them. I think it's based off a bassman and a GA20.

EDIT: It's American voiced, too.
WOW really? thats heavy.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Yeah, you definitely have to be careful with your back while carrying them. I'm thinking of getting one myself (my brother might leave his here when hes at university) so I have one to leave at home, and one to leave at my drummers basement so I don't have to carry back and forth all the time.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by bluesrocker101
Yeah, you definitely have to be careful with your back while carrying them. I'm thinking of getting one myself (my brother might leave his here when hes at university) so I have one to leave at home, and one to leave at my drummers basement so I don't have to carry back and forth all the time.

I would probably build it into a head and cab. (that is if they dont offer that option now. ) that rediculous, my Fender HRD is only like 40-50 pounds.
That epi weighs nearly as much as a keg!!!!
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
I would probably build it into a head and cab. (that is if they dont offer that option now. ) that rediculous, my Fender HRD is only like 40-50 pounds.
That epi weighs nearly as much as a keg!!!!

Epiphone has the So Cal 50, but I haven't played it, so I don't know how it compares to the Blues Custom.

I really really want to try one, though.