so i just re strung my guitar today, and as always i've noticed that i dislike the sound of new strings; they're just too bright. i buy d'addario phosphor bronze, standard gauge (you know...the blue package), and i always end up not liking their sound for a few weeks. so, does anyone have any suggestions for some not so bright sounding acoustic strings?
you just need to strech them out i think. Once you wear any kind of string in it will change in sound.
close all the windows of your house, and your room, and play as loud and as hard as you possibly can.. BASH THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.. it should wear them in quite nicely
the problem is, i don't want to wear them in like that haha because my action is ****ed cause my guitar sucks and my g string wears out within a month. it doesn't break but like it gets really cut up and sounds bad, which sucks.
Quote by tona_107
the problem is, i don't want to wear them in like that haha because my action is ****ed cause my guitar sucks and my g string wears out within a month. it doesn't break but like it gets really cut up and sounds bad, which sucks.

This is an acoustic? Probably take it to the acoustic forum section for better responses/info.

I actually had a similar thing with the G string, before the first time restringing. I used the original strings on my acoustic for a LOOOOONG time. The winding actually was sliding free in places.

The G string getting cut up is probably sharp frets. You can get your frets dressed/crowned/whatever it is, but if you really like playing, consider getting a better acoustic.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Well, you can try martin strings. I find them to be richer and warmer than most others.
Quote by Sendrith
This is an acoustic? Probably take it to the acoustic forum section for better responses/info.

I actually had a similar thing with the G string, before the first time restringing. I used the original strings on my acoustic for a LOOOOONG time. The winding actually was sliding free in places.

The G string getting cut up is probably sharp frets. You can get your frets dressed/crowned/whatever it is, but if you really like playing, consider getting a better acoustic.

i'm not sure if its sharp frets cause it's only my g string that gets ****ed up. and i would get a better acoustic but i don't have much money to throw around right now... it's just not practical for me to get a better guitar.