so I'm messing around with a ukelele lying in the break room at work, and figure out that it's got an A G A D# tuning, figured out some chords, and it's actually a pretty fun tuning to work out of.

anybody else got some fun, non-standard tunings?
i don't know if it really counts buts... I like DADGAD. Its not standard but its nothing really new...

I was at my local music store messing around on the Roland VG-99. Which is awesome. And I had it set on a 12 string acoustic in DADGAD. I was lovin it for like... 20 minutes at least.
Well..For guitar I love using DADGAD, and open C# sometimes.

Other times I use the capo randomly and change the tuning from there so I don't really know what they're called, but damn it, it's fun and they sound great haha
DGDGBD is a fun tuning to mess around with as well. I <3 DADGAD a lot though, it holds a special place in my heart.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
dadgad is wondeful, tuning to opens chords sounds nice and make for rich harmonics like tuning to an open Emaj chords, one time just to be an asshole i tuned to an open Cmaj7#11 chord: C-G-C-F#-B-E.....it was interesting
Quote by :-D
I go to college with mattrsg1; for what it's worth he is the best guitarist I have heard in person, and in particular stands out from others in my age group. You will not be disappointed, honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpCZpysf94