1. Does the whammy bar raise the pitch as well as lower it?
2. How far can it change the pitch. I heard it was 2 1/2 steps, but I'm not sure.
3. Why do they call it tremolo bar? Shouldn't it be vibrato bar? (change in pitch, not volume)

Thanks in advance.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

If you have whats called a "floating tremolo" it can raise it too otherwise no. Thats about all I can answer, I play a Les Paul lol
I'm Tyler
I don't have one. Just wondering.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Floating bridges like Floyd Roses allows you to raise or lower the pitch. I'm not sure exactly how far it can do each, but a good amount. But if you don't have a floating bridge but have a bar on it, like on strats or whatever, you can only lower the pitch. I wouldn't reccomend doing that though as it will detune your guitar pretty quickly. I dunno why it's called a trem bar, I always thought it was just another name for it, there's a bunch...
Quote by bingeandletgo
1. Does the whammy bar raise the pitch as well as lower it?
2. How far can it change the pitch. I heard it was 2 1/2 steps, but I'm not sure.
3. Why do they call it tremolo bar? Shouldn't it be vibrato bar? (change in pitch, not volume)

Thanks in advance.

Because Leo Fender is a fucking genius

Locking trems should be able to Raise to a perfect fourth, if im not mistaken.