i will move/delete if this really doesnt belong here but i was wondering what the metal community here listens to when they are not cranking out some metal.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by mattj2192
....ska.

what the hell? what is wrong with ska?
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by mattj2192
....ska.

Man you won't get flamed except by teenage mutants who sit at home playing 1000 64th notes in one measure, at full volume on a Marshall. I listen to Ska - f**k I listen to a lot of Ska and I am a shred player as far as tech is concerned. I am also 42 years old and past the "I gotta be cool or everyone else will think I am a poser and not legit". Heck I listen to it all: jazz, blues, punk, classical, reggae, industrial, etc....whatever sounds like the composer or band know what their doing. You never know what you'll find that will help your own playing that is from another genre. If someone thinks that their fav metal band only listens to metal themselves then they are deluded.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
i searched for the other one and i couldnt find it. but i dont think theres anything wrong with ska personaly. hell i listen to Straylight Run and Hawthorne Heights (im not a scene/emo kid just so you know and im ready for the flaming)
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
Quote by shredder.cheese
Man you won't get flamed except by teenage mutants who sit at home playing 1000 64th notes in one measure, at full volume on a Marshall. I listen to Ska - f**k I listen to a lot of Ska and I am a shred player as far as tech is concerned. I am also 42 years old and past the "I gotta be cool or everyone else will think I am a poser and not legit". Heck I listen to it all: jazz, blues, punk, classical, reggae, industrial, etc....whatever sounds like the composer or band know what their doing. You never know what you'll find that will help your own playing that is from another genre. If someone thinks that their fav metal band only listens to metal themselves then they are deluded.

+1
A true musician sees the value in all genres of music.

I listen and play everything from classical, to clean, to Blues, to Pop, to rock, to hard rock, to 70's/80's metal, to modern metal, to metalcore, to deathmetal, to other things that don't class in there.
I like aretha franklin, tchaikovsky, beastie boys, prodigy and alot rock/hard rock.
Prog rock, hard rock, alternative rock, jazz, hip-hop, post-rock, neofolk, hardcore, and whatever genre Regina Spektor is. I don't feel like listing specific bands (outside of Regina Spektor, since I don't know how to classify her music).
i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Jazz/Jazz Fusion,some prog rock is pretty cool as well.I also love random classic rock songs.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Everything.

I also listen to the lack of salt found in this thread.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Dead-fish, one day we need to sit down and discuss this thing you have with salty threads.

I listen to some Modern Rock, some Classic Rock, blah dee blah. Usually needs guitars up front to some extent. Take this to the older thread, though.
It's all very simple:

Salt is added to a meal when it is stale. It doesn't have any flavor.
This thread doesn't have any interesting subjects, thus it lacks flavor, thus it needs more salt.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Quote by Tarts42
what the hell? what is wrong with ska?

Ska sucks. Ska revival isn't cool you stupid f*ck. The bands are only in it for the bucks. And if you don't believe me you're a schmuck. But the trend will die out with any luck...

Besides metal I mostly listen to different types of punk, and to electronic music.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by webbtje
You could just say 'This thread sucks'. But no, you have to go and be all Jewish about it.

No, if I went all jewish about it, I would say:
"Oy gevolt! This thread needs to call his mother more often, the little schmuck! Really, thready, when was the last time you gave your mother a call? She's worried sick about you, and you?! Out there with the schikse's! Oy abroch, why have I raised such a schwartse chaye! ACH! I think I'm having a heart attack! HAIM! GET ME SOME SCHMIER AND KNEIDELACH!! SCHNELL!!!!"

That's going all jewish about it.
Well, I can't be gentile about it, thanks to some bearded asshole with a knife...
What? They don't do that...

I do feel bad for muslims in general, though. There aren't many religions that are as demanding as Islam.