alright, so im in a band

we are predominately a deathcore/hardcore band and, as a characteristic of that genre, screaming/growling in involved.

now what do i need to ensure our screamer sounds best?

do we need a certain type of microphone, would we need a sustainer?

should it just be mic to pa?

would a sure, SM48 be best for this?

i hope this isn't the wrong forum...

it kinda is
ur asking about mics for vocals, yes
thats not a guitar accessory, thats a voice accessory
wrong forum
I think its ok to put this here, and i report alot of iffy things.

SM-58 is my reccomendation.
youll need nothing but a mic, cable, and PA system. if the PA doesnt have efects, you may want a decent vocal effect processor, or at least a little reverb.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
if you dont know what it is, you probably need not worry about it.
its like a multi effects thing for your guitar, but for vocals. its nice to have a little bit of reverb on vocals depending on the venue.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
if you dont know what it is, you probably need not worry about it.
its like a multi effects thing for your guitar, but for vocals. its nice to have a little bit of reverb on vocals depending on the venue.

oh i see haha, i looked them up and saw a digitech one

but they seem useless, and probably wouldn't have any positive results on a scream lol
Effects processors on mixers can make the vocals sound deeper and such. We use a bit of echo with our singer and it adds thickness to the vocals without it being like a delay.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Effects processors on mixers can make the vocals sound deeper and such. We use a bit of echo with our singer and it adds thickness to the vocals without it being like a delay.

ohk, they seems a bit bogus to me to be honest, but then again, i guess its the same as using an eq on a guitar amp haha.
Quote by scooby snacks
ohk, they seems a bit bogus to me to be honest, but then again, i guess its the same as using an eq on a guitar amp haha.

Well at first it did sound like sht to me when a music teacher told me and showed me the effect to put on the vocals but when we tried this, it worked well.

On topic. A standard SM-58 will be fine for screaming.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Quote by b00m_
Well at first it did sound like sht to me when a music teacher told me and showed me the effect to put on the vocals but when we tried this, it worked well.

On topic. A standard SM-58 will be fine for screaming.

ohk, thanks for your help man.
Quote by chea_man
I think its ok to put this here, and i report alot of iffy things.

SM-58 is my reccomendation.
youll need nothing but a mic, cable, and PA system. if the PA doesnt have efects, you may want a decent vocal effect processor, or at least a little reverb.

Why? Oh wait, teh interwebz r serious businezzzz

Just get an sm57 or 58 straight into the pa. If he's a good scream it'll be fine
Quote by Say Ocean

Just get an sm57 or 58 straight into the pa. If he's a good scream it'll be fine

lol i like your point.

and the reason i said the sm48 was cause its supposed to be the budget version of the 58, and the 58 is 100 bucks more.
In the long run though, spending that extra 100 bucks will be worth it.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
id f u c k i ng hope so haha

cause i dont really have much money to spend seing as im buying p.a speakers too.
It's better to buy good stuff now though. If you spend all your money on cheap stuff, you'll just have to spend more in a few months when you realise it doesn't sound good.

Definately worth getting the best stuff you can now.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Say Ocean

yes, and because i for one dont like reading spam threads in Guitar Gear and Accessories.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.