Hey pit,
Ok, well
heres something to read.

Anyway
It seems no one will pay me money. Ive been searching for a job for ages!
I need a job because at the moment the amp i have needs upgrading. I only need $200 by christmas because my parents will pay half.
Anyway if i do happen to get the money for that then i will start saving for a computer as one direction i would like to go is computing but i dont have my own computer and my parents wont buy a Mac.
Also my guitar needs upgrading and various other things need to have money spent on them eg:
no credit for phone for last 3 months
need a metronome
need to get new pickups for my current guitar

anyway im 15 and it seems no one will employ me no matter how many places i apply.
anyways thanks for reading bye

EDIT: Yes i have even stooped so low as to apply at supermarket chains but they said they have enough people

UPDATE: I may have a job soon at a pizza shop because apparently all the year 10 people who work there will be quitting for exams.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Last edited by jake_1234 at Jun 28, 2008,
Solution: Pay attention in English class.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
Yeah, i can relate. Im only a year older, ive tried multiple times to get a job and all have failed.
dude if you seriously get desperate then become a street performer. learn a few songs that the general public know and enjoy and playem in public. You will make A TON of dough especially in a fairly big city you can make hundreds a day. The huge downside to this idea is that it's VERY unsafe. So if u insist on doing this then have some buddies with you (atleast 2 or 3) n havem peform with you. if you don't have friends then bring a knife.

also once your guitar case starts to get some serious cash in it you should put it in your pocket. crooks will definately pounce if they see a case full of money.
Quote by Dimebag Dave
Solution: Pay attention in English class.

harsh
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
As an employee, Wal-Mart employs EVERYONE.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
It took me like 2 weeks or so to get my first job. Best Buy, Target, and Walgreens didn't get back to me but a few of the higher up ones did, lucky me. Just apply everywhere you go. Like, everywhere.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by jake_1234
Hey pit, ...
Anyway if i do happen to get the money for that then i will start saving for a computer as one direction i would like to go is computing but i dont have my own computer and my parents wont buy a Mac.

A Mac?
Dude... no. If you wanna get beyond Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Image Editing, don't get a Mac. A mid-spec PC would be much cheaper, and you'd have the advantage of slightly better performance, more flexibility, and the ability to upgrade/downgrade to any OS, which you would want to do if you were going the programming route of computing.
Where have you applied? I made the mistake of setting my sights a little too high when I went looking for my first job, applying to semi-fancy restaurants and retail chains. Sometimes you just gotta balls up and go for that job at McDonalds or go mow lawns.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

mcdonalds said i would be able to work there but only 1 hour a week. not worth the $4
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
dude im 23 and having trouble finding a decent job, the economy is the u.s. sucks ass keep trying you'll find something
Why would you want to buy a mac for your home computer when you can't even afford to have phone credit? A decent mac is $2000, which an $800 PC could do just as well.

Go look around for non chain stores, little ma and pa shops. If you can't get a job there go get a job as a dishwasher at a chain restaurant, they always need dishwashers.
yeah im sooo glad that i live by rich, retired, lazy ppl.. im washing my neighbors windows for $300.. and im not tied down by The Man.. i can mow when i wanna mow, and work when i wanna work.
It takes money to make money.
Here's a nice list of things you can do that won't cost the much.
-Garage Sale
-Mow ppl's lawns
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
Quote by jake_1234
mcdonalds said i would be able to work there but only 1 hour a week. not worth the $4

Yeah, screw that.

You could always start washing cars and stuff like that. From my sophomore year of high school to my senior year, I helped people move. I put up an ad on Craigslist and put flyers up, and helped people move stuff into new house, storage etc.

My cousin made flyers and business and printed them out at school, handed them out at various places all over town, and now he washes and details cars constantly, and is making pretty decent money.

Find a task you're good at (washing cars, painting, lawn mowing, cleaning, moving etc.), advertise, and then profit.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

paper round. i get £13.50 for my morning one.

also i do jobs for my parents to get money.

i wash my mum's car for £5 and clean the inside out for £2.50.

also i empty the dishwasher and do the hoovering or dusting for £5 all together.

overall if i do my jobs i get £26 per week.

and if this is earned every week i get £1352 a year + birthdays and christmas money.

i don't think earning money is actually that hard, but i haven't ventured far enough.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
solution: sell drugs

works for me
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.