Soo I ve been wanting to buy a USA made guitar for awhile and I know they're expensive soo I want to get the Best one for me... I play alot of Metal as well as other types of Rock music an Recently Ive been getting into the melodic death metal ****... I love to play fast an I have been working really hard on my technique... I wouldn't say Im great but Im not going to stop until I get to Shred status lol.....

My Style is pretty agressive al la Zakk Wylde, Dimebag but I want to be able to get fluid like Jeff Lomis, Alexi Laiho... I was hoping that this guitar would help me get there...

My Set up right now is:

Dean FBD Dime Tribute ML
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 Eclipse
Line 6 Spider III 75W

But I m about to buy a Peavy 6505 Half Stack.

The RR1 is ****ing $2000 which is alot for a guitar but its USA soo it'll Keep its resale value an it sounds like the best deal for wat Im looking for but I want to know If its really worth the money.....

Any Suggestions
Okay. Step back killer. Instead of buying a $2,000 guitar AND a Peavey 6505 half stack, you should be looking at a $3,500 amp instead of the guitar and less high end amp. You will sound better overall and look better on stage.

Your LTD EC-1000 is already a pretty badass guitar, I love those. In fact, if you use the Dean less try selling that too lol and get yourself a used Diezel or something.

You really have much better options than getting a $2,000 guitar and $1,000-$1,500 half stack that you won't be as happy with tone-wise later. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass thinking "Why didn't I just get that amazing amp instead?".
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Touche my friend =]

only thing is is I hate the neck on my LTD... Its sucks for speed an Sweeps an **** like that... Maybe cause Im a horrible player or its not set up right I don't knoww.... I just don't like the neck...
Last edited by StringWizard666 at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by StringWizard666
Touche my friend =]

only thing is is I hate the neck on my LTD... Its sucks for speed an Sweeps an **** like that... Maybe cause Im a horrible player or its not set up right I don't knoww.... I just don't like the neck...

Thats sorta odd, I really liked the EC-1000 I played. If you still think you need a new guitar, you can budget your money MUCH better than for a new RR1. Especially when you are dropping this amount of money. I'd try to split it like $1,X00 guitar/$2,X00 amp or something along those lines. You could even get some kind of custom Carvin and still have plenty left over for an incredible amp.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Last edited by rwalby9 at Jun 28, 2008,