I am thinking of purchasing one of these, its $699 at my local long and mcquade and you get a free $100 gift card. Although I won't be buying the guitar for a month, I am trying to figure out my options before.

I want to play classic rock but also shred metal.

Are there any other guitars in the same price range they are better that I should consider?
What kind of features are you wanting?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Preferably active pickups but don't have to be. Needs to have a trem, no hardtails. Anything else is up for debate. Preferably no crazy body shapes, I need something comfortable like superstrat design.
Quote by Copilot911
Preferably active pickups but don't have to be. Needs to have a trem, no hardtails. Anything else is up for debate. Preferably no crazy body shapes, I need something comfortable like superstrat design.

Well if you put it like that....the DKMG sounds right up your alley
Quote by stinger12345

+1

Alternatively, you could go for an ESP LTD MH-400 / M-400.
Well might as well bump this, I posted it at a bad time.

And yeah I would like to try out an esp ltd mh-400 but no stores in my city have them in.
Quote by stinger12345

very nice guitars.
The older ones have passive pups and a slightly different trem.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
I actually just got done playing one in Guitar Center a few hours ago.

It was great. It was, in my opinion, better than any Ibanez in that price range, and for what you like to play, an absolute winner.
yeee dkmg!!! i perosnally got a hardtail one, but its awesome!!!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by sk8boardbob2
The older ones have passive pups and a slightly different trem.

I think its a new one, it has the same parts as the website shows.
Get a new one, the EMG actives are worth much more than EMG-HZ pickups anyway. More bang for buck!
I didn't like it, but i'm prejudice against Floyd equipped guitars.
I personally would get a DK2M, but that's just me. Bear in mind EMG's sound pretty bad through an SS amp.
Quote by Copilot911
I am thinking of purchasing one of these, its $699 at my local long and mcquade and you get a free $100 gift card. Although I won't be buying the guitar for a month, I am trying to figure out my options before.

I want to play classic rock but also shred metal.

Are there any other guitars in the same price range they are better that I should consider?

I just got a DKMG a week ago for almost half price. The EMGs sound pretty sucky, but that's because I have a sh*t rig

Neck is awesome, nice and smooth, but not too thin. Bolt-on neck doesn't bother me at all, access to the higher frets is easy. it's a sexy beast, but i dont really dig the body contours
Quote by Horlicks
I personally would get a DK2M, but that's just me. Bear in mind EMG's sound pretty bad through an SS amp.

i also would, but its not biggie. ive played the guitar youre looking at and the DK2M and theyre both pretty sweet.