Righty then, for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,0000th time some one needs gear advice.

Within the next couple of months i'll be investing in a new bass and new bass amp

I have a very limited knowledge on guitars and amps and the such, so my question to you pit dwellers is:

I am looking for a crunchy punk bass tone akin to Dan Adriano.
I'm looking for his tones on Slapsticks record and most Alkaline trio songs
E.g. You've got so far to go, Metro, Mr Chainsaw

My budget is around £1000 ($2000USD) for both guitar and amp (not each)

Heres a youtube link to the song 'Metro' this is pretty much the exact tone i want
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5DvDq9-MP4c

Cheers in advance for anyone who can help a fool out.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
why do you want to copy someone elses tone?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Because i like the tone? there are only so many tones you can make, its not 'Dan's' tone, its used by many bassists, i just used him as an example of what i'm looking for.

Anyone else have any USEFUL help?
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I'm pretty sure he uses jazz basses and ampeg amps? If you want a tone similar to his id suggest a fender jazz or p bass and a tech 21 SansAmp bass driver to get that crunchy tone. A tone like his isn't all that hard to achieve if you play with a pick aggressively through a nice amp.