My first semesterly assessment is due in this Monday and i was stupid enough to forget about it until now.

The requirements are that we write a full length kids song using a major scale with included lyrics and a complete portfolio of how we made the piece. We also have to record the piece.

Now i have figured out how the song will go and i am in process of writing out how it will go. So far i have figured out i want it in G major and a key change at the end to A major. Structure of the song will be Intro, A, B, A, B, C(Key change), D, Outro.

My major problem will be with the lyrics. I am dreadful at writing any lyrics at all. If i ad remembered a week or so earlier i could have grunted through it and made some half decent lyrics but this close its a no hoper. This is where you guys come in . Im not asking for anyone to completely write out lyrics for me (Although i wouldn't mind it). I'm just after some really good ideas and general words i can use.

Im thinking the title will be along the liens of "Sharing is caring". I cant get it started off at all

Please help if you can.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
good luck,
I suck at lyrics as well.
Just write something similar to Mars Volta's stuff.
And make sure no one understand you.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/.%3ADarkness%3A./music/all/play343209

Just uploaded the full finished song. I'm still completely blank on lyrics :S

I changed the structure of the song around a tad as well.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Jun 27, 2008,
Listen to the band They Might Be Giants. Write something like it, but you can choose not to include to wonderful sociopolitical metaphors, and you're done .
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Ha I've just listened to the Kids Song, funny stuff.

Kids, like alot of repetetion, and a story. I'm thinking you could put a moral in there, because kid's also love aesop's fables.

If it was me I would start of with:

'Well.................... Jimmy was a boy with alot of sweets,
He would eat and eat and eat and eat,
Bla bla bla,'

It could be a story about Jimmy who would share his sweets, and then something bad happened to him, and then Danny is a boy who shared and he had loads of freinds.

Lol, well, its an idea...
Honestly, kids lyrics are awesome to write, just put a TMBG cd on and release the randomness.

I miss being in a band that made that kind of stuff.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!