im going out today, and have £100 to spend. I cant really afford a better amp than my kustom 10w :P so what pedals etc. would improve my tone? i use my epiphone les paul standard with my boss me-50 (dont really like the distortion on it though), and play rock/metal, guns n roses, metallica, you get the idea thanks.
Last edited by Adz2706 at Jun 27, 2008,
Avoid anything that says "Metal" on it. It's a damn lie. I got a used Boss Metal Zone off my buddy, and it SUCKS. Go with like a Boss DS-1 or the Ibanez Tube screamer. Both are pretty quality petals.
Send this to you my master...
Here's to getting worse,
hope it kills you faster...
Show me how it hurts to rot from the inside out...
This vigil burns until the day our fires over take you,
Our father we forsake you.
Ibanez DS7 is one of the best distortion pedals i tried, i used to own one for a year but sold it due to not needing it. They cost about £30-35. I now have a Digitech DF7 which is brilliant but thats £90 (i got mine brand new on ebay.. £17 =D )

Other than them, tubescreamer. If you can afford something else as well get a nice delay, really gives a cool lead sound.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

Quote by ragethetool
Avoid anything that says "Metal" on it. It's a damn lie. I got a used Boss Metal Zone off my buddy, and it SUCKS. Go with like a Boss DS-1 or the Ibanez Tube screamer. Both are pretty quality petals.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!! moslty true...but Metal Muff...FTW!
i dont believe the tubescreamer will have any effect on this guy's amp... i suggest a boss ds-1
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
i had the metal zone. well its not that sucky, i liked it, but there are better pedals.
you should try saving up for a better amp first before you worry about toys.
that's what i would do.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by hagalwadi007
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!! moslty true...but Metal Muff...FTW!

yeah i got it too..the metal muff is great..
There's no way around the fact you need a better amp. Another £100-£150 will get you something decent.
Quote by greggybhoy
There's no way around the fact you need a better amp. Another £100-£150 will get you something decent.

I agree. Save up for a better amp.
like others, save up for another amp but if you have your heart set on getting a pedal i'd think about the boss DS-1. I used to be really anti the pedal but as i've used it at college i've learnt how to use it and have had non stop compliments about the tones i was getting out of it.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
What about the Microcube?
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by El Cumanés
What about the Microcube?

Win post right there. Just what the TS actually needs instead of trying to get "blood out of a rock" with his present amp.
Isn't 100 pounds like 200 USD? If you saved up a bit more you could get a Roland Cube 30x.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Urm! Valve Jnr Combo anyone?

Will work great with your ME50
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by JWBlack
Urm! Valve Jnr Combo anyone?

Will work great with your ME50

Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
save your money a little bit more and by a 5 watt tube amp trust me it'll be way worth it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i chose a kustom solid state practice amp over a 5 watt tube amp. And i'm a tube guy mostly but when it comes to small practice amps I like solid state better. You can get high gain and amp modeling is pretty cool when it comes to these small amps. When you get into any higher wattage I always prefer tube amps. I ended up selling the kustom amp though and now dont have a practice amp other than my guitarport.
Yup, new amp - you should have bought an amp instead of getting the ME50, it's pretty much wasted at the moment.

The Valve Jr is definitely worth looking into if you want to be able to make full use of your multi FX.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You can actually afford a Roland Microcube with your budget, which will give you a lot more options than a pedal at that price point and will make a very good practice amp too. That's what I'd recommend
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
yeah you can always save more money. Might take longer but atleast you'll get what you want.
Quote by solidsnake15
i chose a kustom solid state practice amp over a 5 watt tube amp. And i'm a tube guy mostly but when it comes to small practice amps I like solid state better. You can get high gain and amp modeling is pretty cool when it comes to these small amps. When you get into any higher wattage I always prefer tube amps. I ended up selling the kustom amp though and now dont have a practice amp other than my guitarport.

so you chose the kustom, found out you dont like the tone, and are now putting wasted money into all kinds of crap that isnt going to make it better?

cube ftw

ill say it again

cube.....for........the.......win
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
so you chose the kustom, found out you dont like the tone, and are now putting wasted money into all kinds of crap that isnt going to make it better?

cube ftw

ill say it again

cube.....for........the.......win

What? I just said I thought the solid state kustom i had sounded better than a lot of the 5 watt tube amps i tried out that day. I later traded the amp along with a guitar for an electric drumkit. Just like I'd say the cube is probably better in the low wattage area than a lot of the low watt tube amps.
Quote by solidsnake15
What? I just said I thought the solid state kustom i had sounded better than a lot of the 5 watt tube amps i tried out that day. I later traded the amp along with a guitar for an electric drumkit. Just like I'd say the cube is probably better in the low wattage area than a lot of the low watt tube amps.

dang dude i thought you were the ts hahahaha. sorry about that. hhahahaha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣