So today, I bought a motorbike. Its just a mini bike, 50 cc, 2 stroke. Paid 100 dollars for it, off a friend. Who else her rides motorbikes? What bike do you have?

ITT WE DISCUSS MOTORBIKES
Honda Dax. 50cc 4 stroke. Costed me €2700. Lovely thing to ride. And a Yahama Tzr 50cc 2 stroke.
Quote by szekelymihai
oh i bought a motorbike but they didnt give me the engine so now i have a bike

Hahahahaha thats awesome, i'd probably have cried but applauded there sly old ways.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i own a 600cc honda shadow now for more than 15 years. it`s still in a good shape and fun to ride.
'tis funny, I was just about to make this thread on the grounds that 2 days ago I passed my test in Scotland! I passed first time with 0 faults, I'm very happy. Because of the rules in Europe I'm now restricted to riding a 33 bhp bike for 2 years then I can ride anything, I think it's probably time to go shopping.

I'm planning on getting a honda 750 shadow (second hand) and restricting it for 2 years.

Hooray bikes!

I haven't crashed yet, and I don't plan on crashing any time soon 'cos I'm not going to be a crotchrocket rider. I did pull out infront of a passing car without doing a right lifesaver the other day though, I was doing 40 and had I been hit I'd probably be in hostpital now. I managed to pull back very quickly when I noticed the guy.
I have my honda nsr 125 for 4-5 years now, and still love it.

Used to have a suzuki GSX-R 750 W, too. But it broke and was too expensive to repair (well at least for me)

but best thing is, in october is my 20th birthday and then i'm finally allowed to drive motobikes with more than 34hp.. YAY!
But I still need the money to buy me a bigger one.. ah F**k I KNEW there was a catch in my nearly perfect plan..
I gots a Honda XR-250 and a modded Yamaha TTR-125

I've driven my dad's Harley a few times as well. Nice thread; you should join up my dirtbike group. It's in my profile
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
I gots a Honda XR-250 and a modded Yamaha TTR-125

I've driven my dad's Harley a few times as well. Nice thread; you should join up my dirtbike group. It's in my profile

What kind of harley?

I'd join your dirtbike group if I rode a dirtbike, I've been thinking of going for a weekend offroad course and a track day because I hear both can really improve your riding.
Quote by guylee
i have a YZ400F. very beastly machine...

I don't think you can call a 400 a beastly machine until you've tried something of at least 600 cc, I know it may seem big and powerful (and for a dirtbike it is) but if you ever ride a cruiser or a sportsbike you'll realise just how underpowered 400s can be.

Still a nice bike though.

EDIT: ^^ Katanas are nice.
DOUBLEDIT: Your sig is not.
Riding this right now, after writing off my GSX-R750.

Quote by JackalUK
Now the more interesting question, whos crashed their bike?

Sadly yes, more times than I care to remember. All I know is that on the road, not including green-laning, it's well into double figures.

It even took me less than an hour to crash my very first bike (a Kwak AR50). Still no major injuries yet though, so I obviously bounce pretty good.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Alright I doubt I'm going to get a response, let alone a good one seeing as how this thread isn't all that big (clearly there aren't too many motorcyclists on UG) but I'm really having trouble getting some advice from anywhere else.
I've passed my license and I can't ride anything with more than 33 bhp output (or greater than 0.16kW/kg) for 2 years. Does anybody have any recommendation for bikes? I'm willing to put a restrictor kit on something.

I'm interested in learning to ride well so I originally thought about getting a lower power sports bike (Kawasaki ninja 250) but I don't want to get a bike that I'll be bored of after a couple of years, I want a bike that I can ride for a while. I then thought of getting a more powerful sports bike and restricting it but the insurance would be through the roof. If anybody has any advice I'd be grateful. If in the end I can't find a nice sports bike I'll just get a lower to mid power cruiser and restrict it.

i have 2 chinese 125cc 4 stroke bikes, they only cost 1000e each but they are pretty kewl. I also have a Honda Monkey
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
I've got a 2005 Yamaha Vino 125 motor scooter.

I love it. I've ridden it on trips that are probably a bit longer than one is supposed to take on a 125cc.

It's currently waaaaaayyy past it's inspection date but I still ride it. I'm a lazy owner.

I have to say, 125cc is an odd displacement rating for the American market though.
how old do you have to be to drive a 125cc in the US ?
GEAR

Ibanez sr506
Yamaha RBX170
Squier strat...
Hughes&Kettner Basskick BK300

Quote by ChemicalFire
Where's my lynching bat?
15 years old.

And I have an 01 Honda CR125
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
My dad owns this but not in that color, cant remember what year, he doesn't take it out much anymore.
Wow, its crazy to see everything in europe is under 600cc. Everything over here in Canada for the most part is 600 and over. we have a few smaller models of course but noone ever really keeps them around for more than a year. I had a Buell blast (500cc) and i've been looking at upgrading to a Harley Sportster. With my Dad Harleys are the only models that are approved in the house!
Quote by Han0s
how old do you have to be to drive a 125cc in the US ?

16. Like any other vehicle.

In NYS you need a motorcycle license to operate any two wheeled motor vehicle capable of more than 30 mph or roughly 50 kph.

The federal minimum displacement for interstate use is 150cc so my bike is big enough to run on state and county highways but is restricted from interstates.

Which is weird. But interstates are boring for motorcycles anyway.
Nice thread I used to ride a R6 but it got totalled. Am just waiting for the insurance payout. Ill probably leave biking for a year though.
Once I shaved them on a friends razor so when he picked it up he just goes "ARE THESE PUBES! OH MY GOD!" and starting beating the crap out of me.