my brother is about to buy a epiphone the dot ebony (loverly looking guitar) but he's really into metal and he ownes a high gain ibanez toneblaster stack.
it isn't really the normal metal he's into but more like isis, cult of luna, neurosis, amen ra so it's kind of post-experimental metal, do you think this guitar will do the job? we also play in a band together and i would like to know if the guitar will not vibrate to much at high volumes, i know you have this problem with lots of semi-acoustic guitars but is it so bad? and can you solve it with a noise reduction pedal or something like that?

grtz
Henis
he should definitely play one before he buys it. That will answer the question of whether the guitar will be well suited his style of playing.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
*waits for EMG comment*
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
As long as he gets a nice example and it's set up well, it should be ok. But to be honest, it probably is solid body territory there.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
That guitar plus High gain equals REALLY bad feedback issues. I would highly recommend you look at something else....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
tell him to just get an ibanez
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
That amp with an SG has a hell of a lot of feed back.

If he wants that guitar, he'll need to put down about 180 bucks on noise suppressing. Tell him to get the Hum Removal Plug and a Hum Debugger noise gate. Or a Boss pedal would work.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

high gain and hollowbodies dont mix at all, hell hollowbodies feedback off cranked marshall superleads, not much gain there, id tell him to look into a solid body
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
NOOOOO!!!!

Just get an epiphone G-400 with EMG pickups.
It's 100 bucks more an it will actually fit metal playing.
Please do not insinuate anything sexual from that.

Quote by cobain_is_king
If your friends don't like your guitar, cover it in stickers and it'll be teh rawks!