Basically, I learnt the main them by accident - the ocarina bit- on keyboard and then thought it may be cool to record a heavy metal version and here it is.

EDIT: Also updated with a new piece from the series.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Donkey+Fly/

Check it out.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Last edited by Donkey Fly at Jun 29, 2008,
That's awesome!
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
Quote by Diamond Dave
That as better than what i was expecting to be honest, nice job

EDIT: just wondering as well, what pieces of your gear did you use to record it?

Thanks all.

I just use my Jackson DK2M into my Marshall Amp. I then have a lead going from the line out to the line in on my computer. I record into Audacity.

For Everything else I use VSTI's such as Hyper Canvas, Super Quartet and for Drums EZDrummer, although some of the synths are done on keyboard when I can play them.

'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Nice I'm going to do some Zelda songs soon too; gotten pretty inspired by all the covers done here on UG.
Quote by Darkfly
Two words: TAB IT

Lol I tabbed it out beforehand so I will upload if you want.

That would be excellent. PM me the link, or the tabs!

My girlfriend would love that.
Great cover. Zelda and metal go together perfectly, I've discovered (I have done a few Zelda covers myself). This version is very upbeat and lively which I think is awesome. Maybe a bit short but that's not really that important. The tone is great, your lead sounds perfect. There's nothing wrong with this at all concerning mixing and production. The drums sound nice too, I loved the intro. I liked the typical metal ending there too, a nice addition.

It would be great if you could check out my stuff: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896384 (Which is also a Zelda Metal version, so you should like it )
I've uploaded another theme from the series - it's the main theme.