I just bought some SED Winged Cs last night for my Blues Deluxe and so now I will probably have to check the bias. I called up my store to see if they do free biasing since they do free setups (that is, if you buy the guitar/amp there) and they said it is $45. That is a complete rip off as biasing an amp would take a maximum of 10 minutes. I think I am going to buy a multi-meter, bias my amp, and take it back to the hardware store when I am done by saying that it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. My question is, is biasing a simple enough task to do by yourself with no experience? I read that all you do is connect two wires to the amp, one on the chassis and one somewhere else (forgot the name of it) and read the multi-meter.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

not exactly.....

Go to Eurotubes.com and watch the biasing video. Although it may be a bit different on the Blues Deluxe. The process is similar, but some Fenders, especially older ones, don't have the bias trim pot and its much more complicated. In that case, a shop would be worth it. Honestly, buy a multimeter and bias probe, keep it in your gig bag or the back of your amp. It will pay for itself after the second tube change.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I know for a fact my amp has a bias pot, the originally Blues Deluxes didn't but mine is a reissue.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

If your amp has BIAS pot and leads, you should be able to complete job very easily with a 10-15 dollar cheap multimeter. As Bloodshed ^ said above, HIGHLY recommend taking a look at Eurotubes video's on biasing. I did so when I changes out tubes in my DSL50, and the videos really helped!

If you are uncomfortable with this, or your amp is difficult to BIAS, it may be worth the $$ to save your skin and amp!

In short, some amps are really easy to BIAS yourself and you will save dollars. Plus you can try different settings to achieve your desired tone (within specs!)

BTW...those SED Winged Cs are great tubes!
If your's has the bias pot, then this is easier than making a hot pocket. Buy a bias probe and multimeter and be free of an amp tech

I bought mine from Eurotubes for $35
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge