What is the best LICENSED Floyd Rose? It must be cheaper than $150. Please give me some suggestions!
the Jackson Black JT580 in my guitar is pretty damn good. They're like $80 new on ebay.
look on ebay im sure youl find one you like
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
its not about one that looks good. i want opinions from people who have actually played and owned one.
why MUST it be under $150. Is there some kind of physical barrier stopping you from going over $150? If time is a concern forget about it. Just wait another month or however long it will take you and get a Schaller or OFR. You will seriously regret getting a cheap-o unit just because you couldn't wait a few weeks.

As for trems:
Ibanez Edge, Lo-Pro edge, Edge pro, Edge Zero.
Schaller Floyd Rose
OFR.

There are more but those are the most highly used trems out there.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Jun 27, 2008,
yes there is a physical barrier. its called my dad. i have no profits/income for anything i do(which consists of mowing the lawn).
Try to get another $25 for the schaller. Its equal to an OFR. Some people prefer it over an OFR.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
if theres anyway of getting an ibanez ZR trem then get it. its actually unbelievable.
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Last edited by moulpatr at Jun 27, 2008,
i am still trying to convince him to get me the guitar let alone the tremolo.
wait, your dads buying you a guitar, and your going to put the trem in? or switch it out? what guitar?
yes he's buying the guitar. it is a Agile AL-2000 w/ a p.o.s. floyd on it and i was going to put a beter one on it that might actually work. and no i do not own the guitar yet but that is the first thing im gona do if it needs to be done so i wana be ready.
the al2000 isn't exactly a high quality guitar you'd want to invest an expensive aftermarket floyd in. seeing as how it's $200 and you want to spend $150 in a new floyd, plus about $50 dollars shipping, you might as well just head over to guitar center and buy a new $400 dollar guitar that'll last you longer than a super cheap agile. maybe i'm biased, but i really wouldn't trust a guitar that's only $200 (though i've heard nice things about the agile 3000 series).

edit: a gotoh floyd on here http://www.universaljems.com/cart/bridgelocking.htm is $165, but i know nothing about that site. you're seriously not going to get a quality aftermarket floyd for less than that.
#1. I want a LES PAUL with a floyd rose.
#2. I am only going to replace it if it is bad.(y fix wats not broken?)
#3. This is the only LES PAUL with a floyd ive ever seen under like $3,000 so it's worth a shot.
oh and im only really willing to spend like $80 cuz anymore than that is just to much to spend on a $200 guitar.
then you're going to get a crappy guitar with a crappy trem.
The Original Floyd Rose Is The Original Double Locking Tremolo!!! That Is Why It Is The Best!!!
Quote by f22master
The Original Floyd Rose Is The Original Double Locking Tremolo!!! That Is Why It Is The Best!!!

The Esquire (Or Was It The Broadcaster?) Was The Original Solid Body Electric Guitar, Does That Make It The Best?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by f22master
oh and im only really willing to spend like $80 cuz anymore than that is just to much to spend on a $200 guitar.

then just use the trem thats on the guitar.
you won't get much for $80
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
then just use the trem thats on the guitar.
you won't get much for $80

+1

You will not find a decent Floyd Rose for $80--you would simply be replacing one unreliable Licensed Floyd Rose for another unreliable Licensed Floyd Rose.

With that said--and although I haven't played every single Licensed copy out there--the only "good" Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo that I have ever played is the Schaller Licensed Floyd Rose (made by Schaller in Germany, I have found it to be as reliable as the OFR--which is also made by Schaller in Germany). Unfortunately, doing a quick check on purchasing one of these online reveals that it costs as much as the Original Floyd Rose. Go figure.

Check out the Ibanez Edge and the Gotoh as well though, as I have heard good things about them. I even played the Edge for a few minutes in Guitar Center and it seemed to hold up to its reputation, although I didn't tinker with it long enough to really get a feel for its total performance.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube