Well maybe, if my band is up to it. We dont really have a singer but i might do it if we have no choice, so anyone know some good rock songs that dont have alot of singing in them ? and any tips

PS Dont include the amp , theyre prob goin to have one.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by KennySG at Jun 27, 2008,
The most important thing about a gig is your stage presence. When people play a gig its for entertaining others. Lots of people forget that. o matter how good the music is, if you just go up there, stand still and play then no one will remember you. Try moving around and if ur feeling confident maybe fiddle around with lights (strobe, darkness, lamps etc)
Make it a good show, my band's first few gigs were instrumental and with no bass, but everything's falling into place and things are speeding up already. The stage is a good bit of space; use it. Try walking about during songs, standing with one foot on the monitor or kneeling down and shouting into the crowd during a song, it'll help you be remembered and therefore, booked again
ohai little sig.
Ok thanks guys, anyone know a song that uses 3 guitars? >_>
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by KennySG
Ok thanks guys, anyone know a song that uses 3 guitars? >_>

if its your first gig three gutairs will be easier to screw up....... obviously cos theres three of them... does ur band normally have three guitarists??
^ Sounds like a plan, except the singing is going to be hard
Quote by jimmy_neutron
if its your first gig three gutairs will be easier to screw up....... obviously cos theres three of them... does ur band normally have three guitarists??

Yeah , cause they dont want to play bass and theyre close friends and i dont want to get kicked out of my own band so i kinda have no choice, and i know other bass players anyways.. We play stuff like Zeppelin, and Metallica, etc.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Why dont you ask one of the guitarists to sing instead??

I was planning on singing, but i also play guitar. Me = 1 of the 3 guitarists, and i kinda want to play too
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
maybe only play songs with two guitars and then share the parts. That way there is always one person not playing available to do singing........ Non-musicians can find it very hard to connect to instruments...... as a rule of thumb..... you need vocals if you wanna get places
yeah were prob just going to have to split up a 2 guitar song.. :\
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
You say Led Zeppelin?

Stairway can easily be sorted into 3 guitars

Solo - Distorted Guitar
Clean - Rhythm on the chords
Acoustic - Arpeggios
hmm.. might try that...
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Being a Canadian, you may have heard of a Canadian band called April Wine, who were big in the 70s and 80s.
Check out an album by them called 'Harder ... Faster' especialy a song called 'I Like To Rock.'
April Wine had three guitarists when they recorded this album in 1979 and they pulled it off brilliantly without over-complicating it.
Pretty easy vocals too.