Ok, i'm a beginner guitarist, and decided to get my first effect the other day: the Crybaby 535Q. Well, it makes an incredible amount of noise, to the point where i picked up radiostations! and it is probably my amp (its a Fender 15G), but i was wondering if anyone else had these problems.

Also, what are some of your guys settings? Any good beginner songs? Besides Voodoo child, lol

And can you play 'normal sound' with the wah plugged in? As in, can you just keep the wah on but still have it sound like it isn't there?

Much appreciated

EDIT: Also, what does it mean when it says 'sweetened by fasel'...too many questions? lol
Last edited by Stolen Identity at Jun 27, 2008,
I don't know a whole lot about wahs, seeing as I hardly ever use them but I can answer what I do know.

Yes, it is probably your amp causing the majority of that noise.
If you need settings, check out the Ultimate Settings Thread or the Newer Ultimate settings thread.
As my one of my old guitar teachers used to say, "Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats."
Quote by Stolen Identity
Ok, i'm a beginner guitarist, and decided to get my first effect the other day: the Crybaby 535Q. Well, it makes an incredible amount of noise, to the point where i picked up radiostations! and it is probably my amp (its a Fender 15G), but i was wondering if anyone else had these problems.

Also, what are some of your guys settings? Any good beginner songs? Besides Voodoo child, lol

And can you play 'normal sound' with the wah plugged in? As in, can you just keep the wah on but still have it sound like it isn't there?

Much appreciated

EDIT: Also, what does it mean when it says 'sweetened by fasel'...too many questions? lol

The 535q has a gain boost; try turning it down along with the overall output/volume/level control of the pedal if you're having problems with noise.
ok, thats probably it...

how about the 'fasel' part and the fact that i can't really get a normal tone with the wah plugged in. do i have to unplug the wah everytime i want to play the songs that don't use the wah?
Quote by Stolen Identity
ok, thats probably it...

how about the 'fasel' part and the fact that i can't really get a normal tone with the wah plugged in. do i have to unplug the wah everytime i want to play the songs that don't use the wah?

The wah should have some effect on the tone when it's off, but not a very big one. Did you turn it off by pushing the treadle all the way forward? It should turn on and off like that.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
1) The noise could be the settings on your wah. Try turning the gain boost down a tad, and maybe the Q down a bit aswell.

2) A Fasel inductor is a component that was in the original Crybaby wahs, it's supposed to make the pedal sound better.

3) You can turn the wah off, just press down hard on the toe end of the pedal and you'll feel a "click". There's a switch there to turn it on and off.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music