Second one (although I would look into a combo if I was you).
Yes they are but they lack effects.
Icecream.

Changed my mind actually go for the Mag (but still combos are better).
Last edited by aaciseric at Jun 27, 2008,
the MAG is better than the electric blue

i'm not a fan of ashdown i've had some live issues with them, but yes they are very versatile amps.

what kind of pie?

also that is ridiculously unfair, you can get a 600 watt MAG series for the same price as the 180 watt EB (ashdown's cheapiest model)
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Last edited by skater dan0 at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by skater dan0

what kind of pie?

Any kind your not allergic to.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
if you play in clubs or pubs the 180w is sufficient....and in bigger space I think you will redirect it into mixer...so...in my opinion 180w...but it dipends also by the kind of music you play..
Quote by aaciseric
Icecream.

And that's a good thing, as amp effects usually suck huge ass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
And that's a good thing, as amp effects usually suck huge ass.
And it does have an octave effect anyway.
It does have the octave effect but I was just trying to hint that you may need to get your own effects pedals because only really does clean and certain styles do require alot of different sounds.
Quote by c3powil
sooooo, this? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-MAG-C410T300-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485034

What I was origonally planning to do was pair the mag head(since thats what you folks are telling me) with an avatar 212.

I may do something similar. If you do this, get the avatar in 8 ohms so you have space for another cabinet.
Ya Ill probably pair the cab with a 15 or another 212 once I get moar moneys.
yeah I can't remember the last time I used it...an octave effect is probably the last thing I'd ever want to be honest.
As long as were talking about amps and stuff,
I could get a Carvin 410 or an Avatar neo 212.If I were eventually going to pair it with a 15 cab which one would you recommend?
Quote by aaciseric
Icecream.

why are you so against stacks?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
why are you so against stacks?

The forum is biased against them because more often than not you don't need one, and a combo would be not only better for you, but also cheaper.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
The forum is biased against them because more often than not you don't need one, and a combo would be not only better for you, but also cheaper.
"The forum" is some software on a computer somewhere that doesn't care what amp you have. Maybe in GG&A everyone thinks "get a Peavey combo" is the answer to every question, but that's not the case here.