Been a metal head all my life and have bought countless high gain amps, high watt cabs and shred guitars. I've always kinda wanted something for when im not in metal mode to play on. I'm pretty set on just buying the standard strat as i did already own one in the past. But I am confused on what amp I want. I'm looking at some of these fender amps they look good. I want tube. Vox is a little expensive because it isn't my main amp kinda thing. I've spend 2 grand on a high gain head before but I'm in a metal band and such. What about these crate tube amps that everyone seems to be using these days? Or the fender deluxe? Also i want it for mostly clean i do want it to have some gain... of course not high gain... but a good rock sound to it. Around 500 bucks... i mean i might could go up more but just somewhere around there. I don't really like the sound of the epi valve jr... ive tried it... the blackheart i havent tried. I also need a full eq which is anothe rreason i dont like the valve jr. what about this? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Deluxe-Reissue-40W-1x12-Combo-Amp?sku=483718 also im wanting something about like that... a good 40 watts or more.
instead of a blues deluxe iw ould get a hot rod deluxe

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

okay whats the difference? I know nothing of these types of amps. I haven't never really looked into getting them until now.
lined up next to eachother i just liked the tone of the hot rod better, but i the blues deluxe does look sweeter.

there is nothing wrong with the blues its still a great amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by solidsnake15
the hot rod got more gain?

The Hot Rod's gain channel is abysmal.

If you can scrape together another $100 the Peavey Classic 30 is a great choice, or look for a used one as there's usually plenty about.

If you can go as high as $750 the Traynor YC50 Blue is a great amp that will do everything all the way up to old school metal like Iron Maiden...again a used one would fall in your $500 budget.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah i could go up to 750 really... I mean i can spend whatever it would just have to sound really really good for me to spend it. Right now im in a good job situation and ive got a bit of extra money so thats why ive decided to do this. I also want to use it with my metal band on recordings. When we go to the clean channel in some songs id like to use this setup for that kinda stuff too. Also about the standard strat... am I gonna tell any difference between the standard strat and some of the more expensive ones? I saw some for like 700 dollars and looked at the specs and didnt really see much difference. Same wood looked to be same pickups.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Solely clean amp? Hot Rod Deluxe.

Clean and light to medium overdrive? Classic 30.

Both and a bit more? Traynor YCV50 Blue

As far as strats go the standard series are MIM, the more expensive ones are MIA...the Mexis are all good, solid instruments.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Both and a bit more? Traynor YCV50 Blue

As far as strats go the standard series are MIM, the more expensive ones are MIA...the Mexis are all good, solid instruments.

I'll take your word on that, I've never even heard a clip of a Traynor

It's probably worth mentioning that there are a few lemons in the Mexican strats, so it's probably a good idea to play a few and buy one you've actually tested.

The highway ones are probably worth looking into aswell, for something in between the MIMs and MIAs price-wise.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I would second the used Traynor 50 in the $500 range for what you are looking for. I have seen them in the mid $400's in the midwestern US.
yeah i would be willing to pay more for a strat but i looked at the specs and it just didn't justify paying like 600 more dollars. I mean there was some better features but I don't think they were 600 dollars better. to me anyway. Im looking into the traynor right now.
Quote by timzee117
lined up next to eachother i just liked the tone of the hot rod better, but i the blues deluxe does look sweeter.

there is nothing wrong with the blues its still a great amp

they sound pretty darn similar. i'd have to focus to know which is which in a blind test.
i'd say if you wanted to invest in a quality clean amp, since you already have a high gain head, would be a 65 twin reissue. loud as hell, plus they won't break up unless you have a humbucker guitar and its cranked all the way up. also has beautiul reverb and tremelo.

only thing is, it runs about $1200-1300. but I recently sold mine for $800 including shipping on ebay. just my 2 cents
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
I saw a PV Classic 50 on craig's list for $500. It would be worth it to keep an eye out for either the 30 or 50 model.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Also check your local craig's list. I have scored some sick deals in my opinion. The Traynor YCV40 is a good amp too if you run into one. Some say it is more American voiced, ie fenderesque with much better OD than the fenders.
Yeah, the Traynor is more American Voiced while the Classic 30 is kind of inbetween Fender and Vox (not as sparkley or bright as a Fender with a hint of Britist flair is how I'd describe it). Both are great amps, but you can find a Classic 30 used for around $350; I've even seen many many Classic 50s go that low on Craigslist.