Okay, so we've had a gazillion "Is this fake?" questions related to the Ibanez Jem. However, most are on eBay. I've found a local ad that seems a tad strange, but maybe I'm wrong. Seems like too good of deal to be true, which is the first sign. And no, I'm not thinking of buying it, just curious. I'm in Winnipeg and there aren't a lot of things for sale privately here which makes such a sighting kind of rare.

Here's the link:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-NEW-Ibanez-JEM-White-with-case-W0QQAdIdZ50014672
fake, neck (not maple) and whammy bar (not black), also no hardshell case only soft X(
Quote by Ghold125
fake, neck (not maple) and whammy bar (not black), also no hardshell case only soft X(

I agree with the whammy bar statement, but I'm confused...Jem's don't have maple fretboards...And yeah, since it's new, the case and the whammy bar should be as they come from the shop. Plus, the number provided is a cellphone and the address is a shady part of town, I believe.
Yeah, looks fake to me, just seems real low quality all round.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Slightly more to the point, the trem appears to be an LFR as opposed to the Edge that the JEM comes with and it's got too much gold on it, the bolts that hold the locking nut in place are black on the real deal; they're gold on that.

Looks like someone got screwed over on eBay and is trying to make a profit on their stupidity to me.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by dancesisidance
Yeah, looks fake to me, just seems real low quality all round.

Shadiest thing is why would a brand new guitar be sold privately?

= Fake or Stolen.

That's about it.
Did anyone notice he called the Pickups Double Coils?.... also "Made in japan"
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
Quote by TheHentaiNazi
Did anyone notice he called the Pickups Double Coils?.... also "Made in japan"

Haha, wow. Lame. I reported the add for being illegal and what not on the sites I could. He's got it up on like 3 or 4.
That's weird. It almost looks real, somtimes.

"Stevev Vai" guys!

Edit: Also, look at the pictures at the bottom. The second picture has a white head and a white neck, whereas the third picture has a maple neck and head.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Last edited by Fryer Mike at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by Fryer Mike
That's weird. It almost looks real, somtimes.

"Stevev Vai" guys!

Edit: Also, look at the pictures at the bottom. The second picture has a white head and a white neck, whereas the third picture has a maple neck and head.

Hmm, yeah, good point. I chalked it up to lighting differences but it does look quite different.
I don't know what you guys are talking about...it looks real to me. The tremolo and the locking nut are supposed to be gold, and it even has the black fine tuners on the trem. This is from the musiciansfriend site...

EDIT: Nevermind, the real one has a maple/walnut neck.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
I don't know what you guys are talking about...it looks real to me. The tremolo and the locking nut are supposed to be gold, and it even has the black fine tuners on the trem. This is from the musiciansfriend site...

*image*

EDIT: Nevermind, the real one has a maple/walnut neck.

Not only that but the real one has black bolts on the locking nut and the fake has what is blatantly and LFR instead of the Edge derivative on the real JEM.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the neck looks BAD... looks like some sh!t wood. not maple/walnut or wtv its supposecd to be.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Looks like someone got screwed over on eBay and is trying to make a profit on their stupidity to me.

This.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Not only that, nobody who knows the first thing about guitars would put a Floyd-equipped one face down with the bar in the socket
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com