Okay, I've had audacity for awhile and haven't had any problems with it, but now when I turn my computers master volume down, the mic intake volume goes down, and when I turn it all the way up, it still doesn't record, for some reason I can't get the micerphone intake to stay at a level that can actualy be heard. Anyone know what the problem is?
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
are you sure you mic is plugged into a mic jack and not like a line in?
maby that's the problem, i'm not sure though
On this last beat,

my heart will freeze.

we'll end in harmony.

Quote by Thornography
I usually get lost after 3 words... maybe it happens to others.
It's plugged into the right jack, so thats not the problem
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Is microphone boost enabled? It's in the sound settings when you select properties.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I've tried that, I've messed around with all of the volume controlls and everything, but nothings helped so far. The mic input volume is at the max when I open up audacity, but soon as I hit record, it automaticly goes down to 0, and when I try to raise it back up, my volume goes all the way up, and soon as I let go of the cursor, the mic input goes right back to 0. Anyone know what the problem is? This is getting realy agrivating...

Edit: I figured out how to get the volume and mic inputs to stay where I want them, for some reason when I adjust the mic input, it has to be EXACTLY on a number, not in between them, or it jumps back to where it was, and also it wont let me go from 0 straight to 10.

Anyone know if thats normal?
Quote by dcdossett65

Who.

Cares.
Last edited by HLrocker at Jun 28, 2008,
yeah that's pretty normal. your mic is probably picking stuff up, try taking the whole arm and go to the Effect tab and go to the Amplify thing and amplify it as many db's you can. if you see waves, then say something. if you keep doing it and nothing shows, say something.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.