I'm having trouble with the following chords, mainly getting my fingers to get to the proper frets, it's really difficult:

C minor
F minor, G minor (I don't know how to do barre chords properly)
F major (do you have to use your thumb on 6th string, 1st fret?)
B major/minor (absolutely no idea how to do these)

Thanks for any help.
edit: I was looking at a guitar chord library and I tried out these chords but there was no way I could get my fingers in the right spots. Possibly the chords I was looking at were wrong?
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings
Last edited by Ryan14 at Jun 27, 2008,
Which chord forms are you looking at exactly? Those could be anywhere on the fretboard in any number of different shapes so we're going to need a little bit more information.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well I will tell you the fingerings I use for the chords, maybe they will help out some.

C minor- 1st string 1st finger, 2nd string 2nd finger, 3rd string 4th finger, 4th string 3rd finger.

As for F minor and G minor, I think G minor is easier. But you mentioned your not good at barre chords yet so I would recommend attempting to make barres over all 6 strings and practice that until you can barre without muting any strings. (it took me about two weeks to manage to get that down, you need to strengthen your 1st finger)
I also recommend you watch this video by Justin Sandercoe. He seems like a really nice guy and all his lessons are free! http://www.justinguitar.com/en/CH-006-BasicBarres.php (I would recommend reading that whole page and watching all 4 videos at the bottom of the page, it helped me ALOT)

F major is another barre chord. There are two main ways people will play F major. They will either barre the whole first fret, then add the other fingers. So no, you would not use your thumb. Another way to play an F major would be to barre the 1st and 2nd string with your 1st finger, 3rd string 2nd finger, and 4th string 3rd finger.

B major is a pain. you have to place your 1st finger on the 1st string. As for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strings, its like playing an A major with your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fingers.

B minor is easier IMO. Still 1st finger 1st string. 2nd finger 2nd string, 3rd finger 4th string, 4th finger 3rd string.

I would recommend you check out Justin Sandercoes website for all your questions. He has alot of helpful guides and everything is free on his website.

Edit: Dang, if I wasn't making my pizza while typing this I woulda beat Flow of soul to the Justin referance
Thank you Jeremy!
Set-Up:
- Ibanez RGA42FM
- Epiphone Les Paul Special II
- Crate 15W Amp
- Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal
- Line 6 Pocket Pod

- Peavey International II Drum Set (Cherry Red)
- Zildjian Cymbals
- Evans Heads with Remo E-Rings