This is stupid but does anyone have a problem playing guitar due to constantly sweaty hands? Apart from my nut sack it's the only place that always sweats and it gets in the way of my playing (and no my balls do not get in the way aswell). My hands are sometimes dry and that's when I practise my ass off.

I was at the London Guitar Show the other week and I was picking up beautiful guitars to demo their sound, through an array of high end effects pedals but it all went to **** as my hands were sweating and I could barely bend a string it was so slippery.

Has anyone encountered this and found a solution?
does the whole hand sweat?

or just your palms?

because if your knuckles and fingernails are sweating, you might be immortal

but honestly,i get em when i'm nervous. i dont know of a cure, so all i do is just wipe them on my pants and continue playing.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Last edited by mikko_9119 at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by Winsbury
try spraying anti-perspirant deodorant on them?

i've tried that but it gets in the way of playing for me and just makes my hands kinda greasy.

it's like putting lotion on... doesn't really work either for me
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by mikko_9119
does the whole hand sweat?

or just your palms?

because if your knuckles and fingernails are sweating, you might be immortal

but honestly,i get em when i'm nervous. i dont know of a cure, so all i do is just wipe them on my pants and continue playing.

Whole hand, down to the finger tips.

Quote by Winsbury
i always have sweaty palms... but i cant say it gets in the way of my playing... try spraying anti-perspirant deodorant on them? ive never tried it, but stops you from sweating maybe....

I just tried it now, makes them greasy :S

Maybe this is genetic and I will never succeed as a guitar player?
maybe you just get nervous? i just read about this hand deodorant type thing called Certain Dri... so i'm guessing there are antiperspirant out there made just for hands...
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

ive heard that putting talcum powder on your hands can help.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
My palms are always sweaty in the morning after I wake up? And It's not because of jerking.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
ive heard that putting talcum powder on your hands can help.

Why the **** didn't I think of that before. Works great for a while, but it gets the guitar covered in the stuff... it will never be perfect.
Yeah dude, me too.

My strings rust pretty fast because of it so I would reccomend buying coated strings. They cost more but theyll last longer. It doesnt really bother me. But yeah, I think talcum powder does help... never tried it but people use that stuff for getting good grips on things and what not.