And the devil gives you a guitar. "Wow," you say, shocked at the kindness of the act. "I didn't think you would be so kind." A large grin starts to paint itself onto Satan's face and you quickly realize that maybe this PRS Custom 24 isn't going to play so great without a good amp. Behind Satan are two cardboard boxes. "Go ahead", he says. "Open them."

To your horror, you find two amps- a Marshall MG15DFX and a Line 6 Spider III 15. And you have to pick one. Which one would you choose?

Also note that this isn't a clever way of asking which one I should get (already have a somehwat nice amp), but rather a way of finding out which is more hated among the tone-o-philes that hang out hear (get my joke? lolololol).

I personally would pick the Spider, just because I unfortunately have had experience with a MG and have vowed to never play one again.

Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon

*reported* for being a moron.

EDIT: All of you who posted more than 2 minutes after me, enjoy your warnings.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by timi_hendrix

Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon Get off the bandwagon

.... +1
Dude, I hate spiders. They sound like you're going through some super cheap computer program, and then using the computer speakers for an amp.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
I would get the Spider
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
The MG man, the distortion is CRUSHING!

Serously though; the Spider, I'd rather have a variety of bad tones than just one bad tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'd rather have a 150 watt Spider, since I'm getting it for free and it's still more interesting of a toy than the 15 watt.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
MG, sounds like less of a box of bees than the Spider.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Serously though; the Spider, I'd rather have a variety of bad tones than just one bad tone.

Haha

FTW!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by timi_hendrix

How exactly am I being a moron? Please tell me so I can correct this problem at once.
I wouldn't care which one I got if it was free. I'd just sell it on ebay anyway
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
whats so bad playing with no amp. I hardly ever do, proberly only 5% time at home. UNless im gigging or at mates house ofc. Anyway my teacher hardly ever plays amped either
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by NowhereOutThere
How exactly am I being a moron? Please tell me so I can correct this problem at once.

he means that you sound like youre going with the flow of hating on MGs and Spiders and just saying that they both suck because people say they do.

I personally am a previous owner of an MG so i know from firsthand experience that it has a poor dirty channel. and i have spent some time playing the spider and its not as bad as the MG and its ok at first playing around with the prefixes and the effects but it does sound very artificial
Quote by One on Sunday
he means that you sound like youre going with the flow of hating on MGs and Spiders and just saying that they both suck because people say they do.

I personally am a previous owner of an MG so i know from firsthand experience that it has a poor dirty channel. and i have spent some time playing the spider and its not as bad as the MG and its ok at first playing around with the prefixes and the effects but it does sound very artificial

Now I can see his point.

Except for the fact that I have owned both a Spider and an MG. And you know what?

They both sucked. I'm sure most people here have made the same beginner mistakes and can say, not from jumping on a "bandwagon", that they just were not that good. I mean, you can put a Marshall MG100DFX halfstack and a B-52 combo amp or Peavey Valveking next to each other and go up to a random guitarist. Most of them would be stupid enough to pick the Marshall because of brand name influence.
Quote by NowhereOutThere
Now I can see his point.

Except for the fact that I have owned both a Spider and an MG. And you know what?

They both sucked. I'm sure most people here have made the same beginner mistakes and can say, not from jumping on a "bandwagon", that they just were not that good. I mean, you can put a Marshall MG100DFX halfstack and a B-52 combo amp or Peavey Valveking next to each other and go up to a random guitarist. Most of them would be stupid enough to pick the Marshall because of brand name influence.

exactly. i recommend anybody who thinks that they'll appear smart by saying whatever the majority or at least the respectable people are saying should go try out the amps themselves! then they form their own opinion. who knows, maybe they'll like on of those amps
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

haha, +2
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
haha, +2

I'm still slightly surprised and confused that I got there first with that
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.