my parents are complaining from the sheer loudness of my amp (Valveking) I was thinking of using one of the speakers for the distorted channel and the other one for the clean channel. is this possible? and if so how?
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
speaker switching for channel switching? hmm, sounds interesting... not sure exactly how it'd work, but maybe if you could rig some special sorta A/B switch to activate when you switch channels?
------

Shwiggity.
It wouldn't quiet anything down. It might blow a speaker though.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
And both speakers are identical... So you'd be better off with one. You'd probably be better with a 1x12 amp or you could get an attenuator... (I'd go with the latter)
Doodleface here is right. You'll have a load for two speakers going to one. it won't make things softer in the least. what will happen is you'll send a full wattage of power and load of ohms to one speaker, totally blow it out. Go with a power attenuator. This may make you blows tubes and fuses faster though. worth it? imo and in your best option, probably.

Doing what you want will require loads of useless work to blow a speaker (or in the best case, not do anything, and be just as loud..)
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by HolmesMonaco
you could just get a small practice amp for times when you cant play loud.

yeah gettin a smaller amp is ur best bet. go to a local pawn shop or something. u dont wanna mess with ur amp and then have it messed up when u actually want it to be loud.
Quote by Invader Jim
Headphone jacks FTW.

+1
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Invader Jim
Headphone jacks FTW.

yeah... too bad it sounds like ****
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs