im going to be buying a valvetronix soon, and i have a few questions. for a while i was against modeling amps, but this one seems to be really cool, especially cause its a hybrid. iv been trying to push too many sounds out of my VJR and its not working so well. i figured id keep the head around as a nice sounding tube head, and wire a speaker jack on the valvetronix to use it as a cab for the vrj.

my questions

whats the biggest differences between the valvetronix, and the valvetronix xl. it says its for higher gain playing, but the regular valvetronix are already pretty brutal....o sorry....br00talz.

also, i only play at bedroom levels, but a 2x12 is only available in the 50w version. is a 2x12 really that much better? i dont care how powerful the head is, but im more worried about cost, if i should spring for the 2x12 or will i not even notice a difference?

im just gathering info before i hit the music store. thanks guy.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
I've heard the XL aren't very good, but haven't played them - I had a VTX series, which they don't make anymore, which sounded AWESOME, if i didn't have higher-end all-tube amps, I would have kept my AD60VTX.
I've got an AD60VTX and it is amazing. I've played some of the newer valvetronix amps, they aren'y as good as the older ones, but are still pretty sweet. If you are planning on playing at bedroom levels, I think that the valvtronix amps still have the wattage selector on the back.
right, well like i said, i dont really care about the wattage, im more concerned if the 2x12 will make that much a difference compared to the 1x12.

how are vox speakers by the way? would it be worth while to stick some v30s in there?

would any of u mind posting some samples of the vtx? i may keep an eye out on ebay or something.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
bump
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
The Vox AD50VT comes with a Celestion (model, I am not sure, but it sounds good) that's a little bassy, but nothing that good EQing can't fix.

I haven't played the 2x12, but I don't think it would be that much incredibly better than the 1x12.