I have a friend who is wanting to sell his Epiphone Les Paul "Special II" (for rock band WTF) So I thought about buying it, I played it yesterday and its not too bad for a starter pack guitar.(GREAT SUSTAIN!!!) I've played bass for 3+ years and maybe a guitar can expand my musical knowledge. I might sand it down and paint a psychedelic design and slap some 10-56 nickel jazz strings on it. However, he hasn't decided on a price, and he's pretty stingy, so would it be worth it for say... $100+/-
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
prob worth about 100-120 depending on condition. if its in good condition i'd say about 100
Hey, the aren't bad guitars...Mine still gets some playtime, even when I have a Schecter and Les Paul
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
They're 170 bucks brand new. I wouldn't give him a quarter of a penny for it, but 50 bucks sounds like a "fair price"....
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
if its in good condition id pay 150 tops
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I have one. It still gets play time too. Only because my standard's in my room and I don't feel like walking from the office to my room to go get it .

just do yourself a favor. Don't get new pickups for it. I put a DiMarzio Super Distortion in it thinking it'll improve the tone. It didn't.

Just goes to show you. New amp>pickups...sometimes.

Wrst_EDIT_Evr: I'd give him $100USD for it. But try and find one used at GC and tell him to go lower than that.
Well I did play it yesterday for about 45 minutes. The guy has barely touched it. It's basically brand new. He just decided he doesn't want it anymore, and finds Rock Band more appealing.

Edit: No I will not be putting in a pair of pups that'll cost as much as the guitar is worth just for a slight tonal difference. I will be playing it through my bass rig.
Quote by breakdown123
Last edited by CLIFF_BURTON at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by Rocker_94
Try ripping him off, offering 85, 90, etc. until he accepts.

this is why this guy has no friends lol

but to not be a total waste of bandwidth i would say to offer him around 100 -110
Quote by I Be Andyy
That gives you rank of -10 out of 10. You fail. Go play the flute.

----GEAR----
Gibson voodoo sg
Schecter hellraiser c-1 fr (07' model)
Fender american strat
Martin 000-28
Peavey bandit 112
Mesa mark 5
Mesa stiletto 4x12
i just sold my les paul special II starter pack in perfect condition for 140 .. if i was you i wouldnt pay anymore than 150
take it easy man .. its just a thread
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Well I did play it yesterday for about 45 minutes. The guy has barely touched it. It's basically brand new. He just decided he doesn't want it anymore, and finds Rock Band more appealing.

Edit: No I will not be putting in a pair of pups that'll cost as much as the guitar is worth just for a slight tonal difference. I will be playing it through my bass rig.

guitars arent meant to be played throught bass amps, a 100 dollar guitar aint worth f**kin up ur amp
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
guitars arent meant to be played throught bass amps, a 100 dollar guitar aint worth f**kin up ur amp

I don't think a guitar through a bass amp will mess the amp up. I know a bass through a guitar amp will, though.
Quote by TANKER69

ugh, you're stupid. I've played guitars through my bass rig before and I find the cleans to be much deeper than on any guitar amp I've tried. Overdrive and Distortion also has a more heavy sound. There's plenty of guitarists that use bass amps.
Quote by breakdown123
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
ugh, you're stupid. I've played guitars through my bass rig before and I find the cleans to be much deeper than on any guitar amp I've tried. Overdrive and Distortion also has a more heavy sound. There's plenty of guitarists that use bass amps.

Not to mention plenty of bassist who use pedals and octave effects, etc. through their bass amps...and guess what?

They still work.
exactly
Quote by breakdown123
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
exactly

Wait, he's from a place called 'Witless Bay'

That explains it.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON

What a loser...

Anyway, i'd say $100 would be a good price.

Also, how the hell is a guitar gonna f*ck up a bass amp? I know a bass can harm a guitar amp, but it doesnt work the other way around.

Quote by third-eye
^ he speaks the truth. doesn't josh homme from QOTSA use bass amps?

Yep.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Jun 27, 2008,
Quote by TheProducer
Wait, he's from a place called 'Witless Bay'

That explains it.

ROFL WITLESS
Quote by breakdown123
Quote by mcr-fan-405
im actaully considering buying a new 1, im between it and a
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-SG-Special-Electric-Guitar-101392124-i1149250.gc

which 1?

I don't think you'll hear a difference between the SG and LP special II's but try them out and see which one feels better to you. I think they have the same scale length, pickups, and woods used.
Quote by breakdown123
Yeah hijacking is bad. As for the topic, 100 bucks sounds about right and playing it through your bass rig will make is sound much deeper than through an actual guitar amp (part of the reason I love playing my guitars through my cousins bass amp, so heavy sounding without the need for effects).
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Thank you, TheProducer and others. I've decided I am buying this once my friend and I negotiate a price. Sweeeet
Quote by breakdown123